apple re-issued all downloads need help

Discussion in 'iPod' started by swingerofbirch, Sep 19, 2006.

1. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    Hi,

Just got my brand new C2D iMac 17".

After installing iTunes 7 on my PC I lost a number of iTunes files. Instead of replacing the tracks I lost, Apple put in my queue every file I ever dl'd from them.

So, right now that's what I am doing.

I need help from anyone who has done this before.

When I first opened iTunes, I first wanted to get my Facebook sampler so I went to the store and entered the code. As soon as I did it said checking for purchases, and 247 songs/videos were in my queue.

I was confused because it was a random assortment of my past purchases. Definitely not all of them. It was starting with some videos that are now larger sizes because of the resolution change. So I kept trying to move those down, and then realized I could just pause them.

So, then iTunes crashed. I reopened, and there were 247 songs in the queue even though I had already downloaded some.

So, I think what happens is that after reopening iTunes, they add more songs to be downloaded.

So it seems that the iTunes queue has a max of 247 items?

Also, it's taking forever. It looks like I'm getting about a 100k per item (3 download at a time). Is that normal? Thanks.

2. swingerofbirch thread starter macrumors 68030

I tried letting it download over night and it stopped on the first few files with error 8003. I have to quit and reopen to get it to start downloading again.

3. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

the problem I got with iTunes 7 is on my PC. my iTunes and Quicktime icons dont show their pictures.

4. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

My problem with iTunes 7 is it decides to guzzle RAM.

5. snakelda macrumors 6502

6. n-abounds macrumors 6502a

n-abounds

Hey can anyone tell me if all TV shows are now in higher resolution. I want to download Psych, but only if it's in the new resolution.

7. swingerofbirch thread starter macrumors 68030

They're all in the new resolution from what I can tell (the file sizes are huge). I have 225 TV shows in the queue right now at 100k per second. SO SLOW. I now keep getting error code 9006.

Losing my music with iTunes 7 and having to redownload it in this manners is one reason that a subscription service would be nice.

I was watching some of the new higher resolution shows, and the quality is no better than you get from streaming movie trailers from Front Row.

I am gonna have to actually go through once this downloading is over (which seems like it will be weeks) and burn what I don't want to watch for now.

If it were illegal downloads I would throw them away. But somehow since they're from iTunes, it would be sacrilegious to me to throw them out. Also, I'm a pack-rat.

8. projectle macrumors 6502

Itunes7 only allows you to download 250 files at a time. When those 250 are done (or before if you feel like it), check for downloads and you will probably get another 250, and so on and so on.

I lost my collection when my computer was sent in for repairs and now I am redownloading ~2000 files (mostly music, but a good 500 videos). Needless to say, I will probably be going for the next few days on the videos at their higher res.

9. snakelda macrumors 6502

yeah,because I downloaded the disney show,don't know what it's called, like/or the next day iTunes 7 came out and it's in the new resolution.