Apple Re-Releases Security Update 2007-009 (v1.1)

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 22, 2007.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

2. Editor emeritus

longofest

Read: Makes Safari snappier :cool:

3. macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

I don't use Safari, so I would know. All I know is that I had to install a security update again. But no biggy.

4. macrumors 6502

Sceneshifter

bah the thread where I announce it gets locked because 'this was old news', where as it was a brand new update!

5. macrumors 68040

Telp

Hasn't showed up for me yet.

Edit:Someone already did it for me =].

6. macrumors member

knockknock

No wonder safari was quitting all the time . Well at least they fix it within the week I installed the update.

7. Editor emeritus

longofest

link?

8. macrumors 6502

9. macrumors regular

...at least this one installed smoothly on mine, the one from a week ago caused my MP to lock up needing a hard reboot.

10. BTW
    macrumors 6502

I didn't have any problems but I do appreciate the update anyway. I suffered the MacBook keyboard issue and was glad they fixed that quickly.

Besides bug fixes I'd like to see some feature re-works and augments. Maybe I'm just an Outlook freak but I'd like to see some integration between Mail and iCal. Why can't I just open Mail and view a calendar on the left to see what events are coming up? If I'm curious then clicking on the date should open iCal.

11. macrumors 6502a

kaiwai

What's so snappyless about Safari? I mean, all due respect, screw snappy - get the damn thing working properly with Google services - such as when I copy and past something into the text area of my posting box, it appears at the bottom of the page. Why can't basic things like that be fixed?

Grrr, it really does piss me off when Apple does very little to actually address incompatibility issues with very common websites.

12. macrumors 6502a

al256

I did, Safari would crash 3 or 4 times a day... I was seriously about to abandon it.

13. macrumors member

Good to see, i've had a couple of crashes, nothing crazy but i just put it down to me having 10+ tabs open at once. Guess it wasn't me for a change. :)

14. macrumors 68040

Telp

My friends MB too.

15. macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

You should look here.

16. macrumors 6502

billyripkin

well I just went to install this update and it caused my computer to lock up.

17. macrumors regular

after installing, my mac osx has dissapeared. watch out guys, this has never happened to me. I - as I type - am unable to log into MAC OSX.

18. macrumors regular

but is that a browser problem? or a website application problem? .. then how does one define common websites?

19. macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

You should check your thread. ;)

20. macrumors 6502a

kaiwai

Its a Google site!

It works on Camino, works on Firefox - why doesn't it work nicely on Safari?

21. Guest

Darkroom

it will all work better soon... how long did it take to integrate gmail talk with gmail thru safari? now that that's working there are other issues with gmail... but it's not exactly apple's responsibility here. as all webdesigners know it's their responsibility to have their code work flawlessly in common browsers... this is something that google needs to fix, and i'm sure they've been working on it.

22. macrumors 6502

Safari has been very unstable for me, hopefully this will address most of the issues with crashing.

23. macrumors regular

it's typically lower on the developer priority list since firefox and IE tend to make up about 90% of the browser user-agent strings .. bugs and feature/functionality tends to get addressed a little slower - file a bug with google to raise awareness

24. macrumors newbie

its funny how Safari 2 quits unexpectedly when accessing apple.com/retail

and that includes safari on the iphone.. try it..

25. macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

Good, the last update wouldn't install for me. Couldn't verify package content. Hopefully this one works. Restarting now, I'll post back.

EDIT: Worked fine this time :)