Apple Rebate Policies

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Case, May 26, 2005.

1. Case macrumors newbie

Oct 13, 2004
    Question for those who have used an Apple rebate before:
    I recently picked up a 12 inch pb from Microcenter. It qualifies for a $100 rebate. Form is here:

My question is this: The form says to provide "Legible photocopy of actual UPC label from product packaging (see sample below)". Every rebate I have ever used required the actual bar code, not a "Legible photocopy". Do I have to cut up my nice black pb box or does Apple really accept a photocopy of the bar code. My assumption is that I would be safer providing the actual bar code.

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    If the form says a legible photocopy, you should be fine with just that.
  3. wiseguy27 macrumors 6502

Apr 30, 2005
    re-read the fine print

Who's paying the rebate? Microcenter or Apple?

I have seen an educational rebate form from Apple where it specifically says "cut out the original UPC code from the box, including all the layers of cardboard. Peeled off UPC labels will not be accepted". Re-read the fine print and see if you can get some information from the Apple website about this rebate (if it's from Apple).

But if the rebate form and the 'terms and conditions' say a photocopy is fine, you might as well send the photocopy.
  4. xli_ne macrumors 6502a

Mar 3, 2005
    Center of the Nation
    Looks like a Microcenter rebate. Compusa is one place I know that asks for a photocopy of the upc, mostly because you have 10 other rebates to fill out and of course there is only one original upc. If they ask for a photocopy, copy it :D
  5. Case thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 13, 2004
    Question answered

Although I did not expect to get a proper answer from the folks on the floor at Microcenter, I did. They confirmed that a copy of the UPC is valid...and it is a Microcenter rebate...not an Apple rebate.