Apple refurb LCD pricing.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by KingYaba, Jul 28, 2006.

1. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I think Apple needs to update the "original" price of the LCDs description. Infact you aren't getting that 47% discount for the 20". It's only 100 bucks difference which is only about 12.5% reduction.

Not that I'm complaining or anything. Just seems missleading and ought to be corrected. :cool:

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

The math is suspect, but the discount is nice nevertheless.

I'm in the "seriously considering" camp.

3. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

It's a sales thing.....if you don't look at the new prices you don't know that your only saving $100. But yes it is a gimmick.....Great displays, I'm just hoping they drop the price a little or come out with newer better ones.....but I'm always hoping for new better everything. ;)

I want one really bad too

4. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

Well, on Apple's behalf, the original price is correct. It just so happens that the current price is $500 less than the original. The also do this with the Dual 2.0GHz Power Mac (not dual core) where they list the original price as $2,999.

If you are considering an ACD, wait a few more days until after WWDC. Even if you don't want any new features, the ACD's are overdue for a price cut.

5. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

apple always uses the oldest price(original price) on the model of item

6. NewbieNerd macrumors 6502a

NewbieNerd

Maybe it would make you happier if the prices of new ACDs were the same as they were originally? Get that warm, fuzzy feeling inside about buying it 47% off instead of just 12 or so, though you're paying the same price either way? :p

7. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Vendors of RAM should get smart and start advertising by comparing their prices with the cost of memory in the 1960s, when prices were something like "a buck a byte".

I can see the ad now...
    Super-Duper Sale: Memory cards at 99.9999534% off!!!

1GB SD card
    Our price: $50
    Comparable price by other vendors*: $1,073,741,824​
    * 40 years ago

8. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

The prices for the smaller screens also aren't that good...they're equal to the EDU prices for new items. Compare it to a similarly-priced item like the MacBook where the refurb price is $100 less than a new EDU price.