Apple Refurb Store is EMPTY!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by thatwendigo, Apr 8, 2004.

1. thatwendigo macrumors 6502a

thatwendigo

You heard it here first, folks... I've been keeping track of the store, accessing it once or twice a week to check what Apple might have in the pipe.

Right now: Next to nothing. Check it out!

You'll find 10, 30, and 40GB ipods, 17" PowerBooks, 800mhz iBooks, and one model of eMac. There are no PowerMacs, no iMacs, and very little of anything else... Updates soon, perhaps?

2. adamjay macrumors 6502a

adamjay

i've seen it emptier.. that eMac for $699 is a good deal tho.
    there was a refurb G5 1.6ghz there about 12 hours ago.

seeing as how Apple just extended the length of WWDC, i would expect any and all new products then and no earlier than then.

3. thatwendigo thread starter macrumors 6502a

thatwendigo

There are one or two things around, but this is the overall emptiest I've seen the refurb channel. I can't swear that it's the emptiest it's ever been, since I haven't been watching it since it was created, but this is certainly the low point in my experience.

It wouldn't surprise me if there aren't any updates until WWDC, really, but I meant this more as a heads up to the community. It's the kind of sign I would expect from a company that's about to start rolling out something new. We've got, what, two months until WWDC? Sounds like a good time to start emptying the retail and resale paths, to me.

4. Zaty macrumors 65816

PBs yes, iMacs and PMs probably not. Evidence can be found here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67127

5. KC9AIC macrumors 6502

KC9AIC

It's all stocked up again. Guess that means that there's no indication of an update. Sorry. :(