Apple Refurbs Not Being Updated?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sccrrich, Mar 26, 2007.

1. sccrrich macrumors newbie

Just curious if anyone else has noticed that Apple has yet to update the refurbished Mac selection? I don't normally look, but recently I'm in the market for a new Macbook/Pro, so I have been keeping tabs. If this is normal, just ignore this post or delete it or whatever. Thanks!

2. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

"...has yet to update..." In relation to what? What do you mean by "yet"? They add stuff to the refurb store at least once a week.

Every Mac in the lineup has been in the refurb store, but it's a first-come, first-serve basis. If they run out of stock, it disappears from the store. I'm not really sure what you're asking.

3. sccrrich thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm asking if it's a regular thing that the Apple Refurb store is updated every day or if it is only once a week. It seemed to update every day last week, but it hasn't updated at all today. I was just wondering, no need to get all up in arms about it.

4. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

It updates whenever the available Macs change, there is no set update time.

5. luminosity macrumors 65816

luminosity

i imagine there will be a bunch available tomorrow morning.

6. Scorpius macrumors newbie

Tuesday usually seems like a good day for them.

7. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

I think you're reading some emotion into my post that wasn't there. I wasn't "up in arms." :rolleyes: I was trying to answer your question but it wasn't really clear, that's all.

8. civilizedrat macrumors regular

They're updated now.

If you want to have a fighting chance to buy from the Refurb Store, you have to get up at least 3 AM EDT. They deplete before 9 AM EDT too.

9. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

not in the UK store , they are always the usaul suspects in there

10. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

It's probably not "updating" because it is just the same stuff which is available.

The refurb store is a dumping ground for old stock - not just returned machines.

Just about the entire line of machines is in the refurb stores. Updates soon enough.

11. Mr. Burns macrumors newbie

How often do they update the price discounts?

12. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

You typically only see prices fall when a new generation of the product comes out and replaces the original product at the same price point. They did drop the Core Duo iMac's refurb price once out of the blue in the middle of the product cycle (it was at least a couple months before the C2Ds came out), but most of the time they don't budge until something new is out.