Apple Releases 'Every Dimension' TV Commercial for Retina MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 12, 2012.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Apple has just released a new TV ad for the Retina MacBook Pro, naturally focusing on the breakthrough Retina display included in the machine unveiled yesterday.
    While Apple has had several high-profile Mac ad campaigns such as "Get a Mac" and "Switch" , the company only rarely advertises specific Mac products in television commercials. But with the revolutionary new form factor and Retina display in the new MacBook Pro, Apple is clearly interested in drawing widespread attention to the product.

Article Link: Apple Releases 'Every Dimension' TV Commercial for Retina MacBook Pro

2. macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

First Mac commercial i've seen in years. Rejoice!

3. macrumors demi-god

Ljohnson72

4. macrumors regular

gregwyattjr

Does anyone have any idea as to why Apple only released one of these models instead up just updating the whole MacBook Pro lineup to this new form factor and retina display? Does it have anything to do with price discrimination in order to get the most money out of it or did they actually have a reason for only releasing it in one 15" model?

5. macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Too expensive for my taste, but it's good Apple can flex its muscles a bit.

6. macrumors regular

7. macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

The ODD is dying a slow death and SSD's are still too expensive for large capacities, something a pro user needs.

8. macrumors 68030

I think $1199 would be hard to reach with a Retina display.

9. macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

I'm not sure it's related to the number of pixels or if statistically Apple determined it wasn't to their advantage to create a 17" model.

10. macrumors 6502a

I hope it's as awesome in person. Checkin' it out this weekend.

11. macrumors 603

troop231

12. macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

It's too bad there are no televisions available with the resolution to show how good the retina display resolution is. I wonder if this will increase traffic to Apple Stores because that's the only way to see how good the new display is.

13. macrumors 68030

Winni

I really, really like this new machine. Yve and his team once again did an awesome job. It was the only highlight of a rather uninteresting keynote.

14. macrumors 6502

Are new commercials for Apple products really worth a page 1 post? Isn't that just an advertisement, too?

15. macrumors 6502

thelonelylimo

16. macrumors regular

Macrolido

17. macrumors 6502

yet they can fit a fairly complex high res screen in an ipad, and a much larger battery, than hte previous year, and keep it at the same price.

Sure the ipad may have had a larger margin to play with, but between the larger SSD and the retna display, i suspect apple have a fair bit of margin buffer added into this product.

18. winterlocked, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012

macrumors member

HEY... this is the same music that Ford's been using in their commercials for a while.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCXPgLlmW9I
    http://vimeo.com/3546347

Admittedly, this is a much, much better ad. The Ford ones are basically a bunch of talking heads saying "hey, we're pretty sure these cars aren't terrible!"

Anyone know where to get that trees-in-water image they're using as a background?

19. macrumors 68000

Love

Music reminds one of a Ford commercial of but a few fortnights ago, but an excellent commercial indeed.

20. macrumors 68000

21. macrumors 6502a

DrJohnnyN

22. macrumors 6502a

23. macrumors regular

I love that wave video. Anyone know it where to get it?

24. macrumors G3

charlituna

You mean not until Apple releases there. :D:D

Seriously though, if they did a Retina Cinema Display in like a 40 inch with HDMI input I'd be all over it. Put it right next to my ODD list, slimmed up 30 inch retina iMac.

25. macrumors regular

Well, 99% of the articles will be about Apple; note the "macrumors" domain name. Anyone coming to the forum is looking for Apple info, so it's not like a soda ad placement or something. It's legitimate news in that it shows what Apple's focus is, relevant for both investors and consumers alike. I for one do not watch TV, so I don't see popular-culture ads. Furthermore, if these forums don't constantly post fresh articles, people will stop visiting.