Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

facetime-mac-2015-250x250.jpg
Apple has released a FaceTime Camera Driver Update for all 2015 MacBook, MacBook Air and MacBook Pro notebooks that improves FaceTime camera compatibility with Windows. Apple recommends that all Boot Camp users install the software update (1.4MB) from the Apple Support website.

The software update was released for the following notebooks:

- MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
- MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015)
- MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

Languages supported include English, French, German, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Polish, Swedish, Finnish, Danish, Norwegian, Korean, Chinese (Traditional) and Chinese (Simplified).

Article Link: Apple Releases FaceTime Camera Driver Update for All 2015 MacBooks

Last edited:

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
I'm of the thought that if a developer wants to be rewarded with my money, they should develop their software for my platform.

If your game is Windows only, you don't get my money.

The problem is if you use Boot Camp to run their games, they see that as an excuse to not support OS X.

Reactions: orbital~debris

drewyboy

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
Heaven forbid some of us use bootcamp for windows.
  1. We don't like being extorted by Parallel's EVERY year for bugfixes
  2. We actually do game a little in windows
  3. We use programs that are (a) non existent on osx or (b) the osx version sucks. What programs you ask? Well, I'm an electrical engineer. That should be enough.
Say what you will, but there are big programs out there that are windows only. I hope that by the time I get to order a new laptop at work (~1.5 years to go), I'll have figured out how I can do everything properly and efficiently on OSX because I'm not sure if they allow boot camp at my work or not. It could be "if you need windows that bad/much, why not just go with a Dell like most that's cheaper?"

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
I really hope that this update wouldn't benefit older MacBooks as well. It would suck if older MacBooks such as my 2012 cMBP which has the same camera as the newer MacBooks (as far as I know), didn't get an important driver update just because they are older.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
What do you mean?
If you download google voice onto your iphone, you can call any phone (including landlines). you can receive phone calls from any phone. You get voicemail.

If you use facetime audio call, you can only call other iDevices. they need to make it so that I can call anyone not just iDevices.

If you use facetime to video call, you can only call other iDevices. Skype lets you call any computer.

Apple needs to allow facetime to reach outside the walled garden.

Hope that explains what I mean.

Kajje

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2012
Asia
FaceTime Camera Driver Update. Languages supported include English, French, German, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Polish, Swedish, Finnish, Danish, Norwegian, Korean, Chinese.
So Apple what if I have a Danish machine, but I Facetime in Italian?

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
I really hope that this update wouldn't benefit older MacBooks as well. It would suck if older MacBooks such as my 2012 cMBP which has the same camera as the newer MacBooks (as far as I know), didn't get an important driver update just because they are older.

May I ask what the hell a cMBP is?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.