Apple Releases iLife Support, iDVD, iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand Updates

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 26, 2007.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple has released a number of updates for the iLife '08 suite this afternoon.

iLife Support 8.1
    This update supports system software components shared by all iLife ’08 applications, improves overall stability, addresses a number of other minor issues, and supports general compatibility issues. It is recommended for all users of iLife ’08.

iDVD 7.0.1
    This update improves overall stability, supports general compatibility issues, and addresses a number of other minor issues.

iMovie 7.1
    This update addresses several areas including video and audio editing capabilities, and performance associated with opening and switching iMovie Events and Projects. This update also supports general compatibility issues, improves overall stability, and addresses a number of other minor issues.

GarageBand 4.1
    This update addresses isolated graphic display issues, compatibility with 3rd party audio software, fixes minor problems with Magic GarageBand, and supports general compatibility issues.

iPhoto 7.1
    This update addresses issues encountered when moving photos between Events, plus new greeting card themes, including holiday card designs. It also supports general compatibility issues, improves overall stability, and addresses a number of other minor issues.

Article Link

2. macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

iPhoto still doesn't work over NFS mounting home directories. :(

3. macrumors 6502a

justflie

I hope this addresses the problems I've been having uploading to .Mac web gallery from iMovie... :mad:

4. macrumors newbie

I hope this fixes the problem with iDVD shutting down. I have also had problems with iMovie and when I export a movie to Quicktime. Once the movie finishes exporting it will just sit until I force quite the program. Hopefully this update has a fix for these problems.

Macbook Pro
    iPod Nano black 8GB
    iPhone 8GB

5. macrumors newbie

can anyone give details about the imovie update?

"This update addresses several areas including video and audio editing capabilities"

sounds promising

6. macrumors 6502a

justflie

ooooh you're right. didn't even catch that. Verrrrrry interesting. I wouldn't be the one to check it since I have not used most of the editing features of '08 yet. Unless the changes are really obvious, I wouldn't notice.

7. macrumors 68020

magic garageband now seems to work on my g4 previously having been unable to play anything.

8. macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Attached Files:

9. macrumors 65816

amac4me

Just downloaded and installed. :)

10. macrumors 68000

4God

Finally, a little better audio support.

11. macrumors regular

How come with the new version of IPhoto 7 you cannot click on a photo and zoom in realy close to something on the photo. In the previous version you could move the button over to the right and zoom in really close to a photo. With the newest version I cannot seem to do it.

12. macrumors 6502a

justflie

woohoo:

Manual Audio Fades
    Make smoother sounding audio transitions by manually adjusting the fade duration.

13. macrumors regular

jephrey

Yeah, I haven't been able to minimize by double clicking the top bar in at least iPhoto (and possibly other iLife/iWork apps) but continues to work in every other program.

I hope that's fixed.

J

14. macrumors 601

macduke

i can only hope these updates snuck in support for their iPhone counterparts that will be released in this weeks update! ok so maybe not but that would rock.

15. Guest

BlakTornado

All iMovie needs now is a timeline mode and effects!

But how likely is that? :p

16. macrumors 68000

Loge

Slightly unfortunate name, no? :p

17. Retired

psychofreak

Not as much as 10.4.10, not very nice when trying to convince someone that Macs are simple :)

18. macrumors 604

Funny, sure looks like it has a timeline to me.

19. macrumors 604

What's the problem with that?

The box pops up and says a software update is available. The user doesn't even have to know what the OS update is called, that's about as simple as you can get.

20. macrumors member

mwswami

Sure is. :D

21. macrumors member

22. macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Hmm.. I heard that iMovie 08 now works on Leopard (9A559) after this update.

Apple is getting ready..!!!

23. macrumors 68000

Loge

That's been out a little while.

24. macrumors 68020

unfortunately for me iphoto is still compressing images prior to putting them on a web gallery.

25. macrumors 68040

Telp

You have to put it into edit mode first.