1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Apple Releases iOS 6.1 with New LTE Carriers and Fandango Siri Integration

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 28, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Following this weekend's release of iOS 6.1 Beta 5 to developers, Apple has just released iOS 6.1 to the public. The update includes new LTE carrier support and Siri-based movie ticket purchases via Fandango, as well as iTunes Match individual song downloading and a new reset button for advertising tracking.
    [​IMG]
    New LTE carriers for iPhone 5 supported in the update include:

- USA: Alaska Communications, Alaska GCI, Bluegrass Cellular, C Spire, Cellcom, Pioneer Cellular
    - Canada: MTS, Sasktel
    - Puerto Rico: Claro, Open Mobile
    - Croatia: T-Mobile, VIPNet
    - Denmark: 3, Telenor, Telia
    - Finland: DNA, Elisa, Sonera
    - Greece: Cosmote
    - Hungary: T-Mobile
    - Italy: 3, TIM, Vodafone
    - Kuwait: Zain
    - Luxembourg: Tango
    - Philippines: Globe, SMART
    - Portugal: Optimus, TMN, Vodafone
    - Saudi Arabia: Mobily, Zain
    - South Africa: Vodacom
    - Switzerland: Swisscom
    - UAE: DU, Etisalat

However, as Jeremy Horwitz of iLounge points out, the new LTE carriers are only supported by the 4th-generation iPad, the iPad mini, and the iPhone 5. Third-generation iPads do not support any of the new carriers.

Article Link: Apple Releases iOS 6.1 with New LTE Carriers and Fandango Siri Integration

2. macrumors 68000

Haha, so it was a GM release! Man, Apple, get your stuff right! Jailbreak...can we happen now, please? :)

3. macrumors 6502a

such an exciting update...

4. macrumors 6502a

SuperSnake2012

I just happened to connect my iPhone and it said there was an update available. Any other features on iOS 6.1 besides these? As a 4S owner this update seems pointless :confused:

5. macrumors 65816

CristobalHuet

Allow me to say what everyone's probably thinking.

Meh.

6. macrumors 6502

And me away from wifi.

7. macrumors 6502a

First thing to come to my mind too aha

8. macrumors newbie

Are the battery draining issues resolved? Will wait before updating.

9. macrumors 6502

Stay calm, I'm sure Apple are putting a lot more effort into iOS 7, rather than iOS 6.x releases!

10. macrumors regular

A ****** update, but who cares... JAILBREAK out soon guys!!!!

11. macrumors 6502

That's it? Seems pretty minor to be a 0.1 update.

12. macrumors regular

Patiently waiting for the JailBreak.

13. macrumors 6502

WOW. This is the first time a .1 software update has been a complete fail. IOS 4.1, 5.1 brought some insanity to IOS. This is a joke.

14. macrumors regular

tethead

... but can we remove songs downloaded from iCloud yet???

15. macrumors member

if it doesn't fix the weather app from updating correctly on 4g, then it's a failure

16. macrumors newbie

For the love of god and all that is holy, this better fix the random cell and wifi drops.

17. macrumors regular

meanwhile Android is kicking it into higher gear with JellyBean and taking over the market.

Apple...stupid gimmicks like Siri isn't what the consumer wants...they want a more fluid and accessible OS.

iOS is dying fast...

18. macrumors 6502a

SmileyBlast!

Installing it now. I love new software.

19. macrumors 6502

I'm not impressed but happy to update.

20. macrumors 6502a

Gosh, I've been waiting my whole life to be able to buy movie tickets via Siri. Hooray!

21. macrumors 68040

iParis

Wow. Literally an hour after I updated to iOS 6.1 beta 5 / GM. So this is confirmed to have the same build number as beta 5? If so I won't bother with another restore.

22. macrumors 6502

Been working for a day now with the beta 5 / GM update and I am pleasantly surprised by improved speed and battery time on my 4S.

I prefer stable usability over eye-candy user-interfaces such as Jellybean and Windows Phone stuff any day.

Great job, Apple!

23. macrumors 6502a

SmileyBlast!

LOL. What about the Fandango thing? How have you been surviving without that?

24. macrumors 6502a

Is this the same as the beta 5 GM? I don't need to update anything, correct?

25. macrumors regular

the JB devs said they have our jailbreak ready untethered but were waiting for 6.1.. WHERES OUR JB!!

edit sorry saw other posts!