Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

julescilib

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2012
Canada
This is very good news for SE owners.
very1happy.gif
Any effect on battery ?

igorsky

Suspended
Mar 9, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I like Apple moving forward. I really do...

They introduce thing to "save" battery like "low power mode" to please users, then they update it to make it "not to much saving" by allowing you to use it in conjunction with some other feature with would tax the battery instead of saving it as it originally intended for.

We are now saying,, It's still called "Low power mode" yet despite its name it no longer saves the same amount of power since u can use this and another feature of iOS 'at the same time"

Talk about jumping fences.. Just wondering why Apple does this ? Its like on one hand they wanna please users, while on the other hand they also wanna save battery.... Seems their stuck between a hinge and a door.

This is why you get a choice. You can use LPM with Night Shift or not. Low Power Mode helps you conserve power, but how much you use is still up to you.

sailor4u

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
Madison, WI
I updated and now when I make a phone call on my iPhone 6 the screen goes blank when I put it up to my ear as expected.... But when I take it down to make a selection.... It will not come back on again. So I can't select a number if asked by a computer or call center.

UGH
[doublepost=1463499993][/doublepost]
I updated and now when I make a phone call on my iPhone 6 the screen goes blank when I put it up to my ear as expected.... But when I take it down to make a selection.... It will not come back on again. So I can't select a number if asked by a computer or call center.

UGH
But now it has started working again after restarting twice.

ElectronGuru

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2013
Oregon, USA
why bother using iTunes for update? iTunes doesn't do delta update so it downloads the entire iOS.
That's the point for me. An entire os gets installed as a single package. No mixing, less chance for things to go wrong.

Same reason I install app updates in groups, quitting all and then restart - best practices.

russofris

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2012
A bit of good news:

This is the first update ever that has resulted in a noticeable performance increase for my iPad 3. The speedup is for the UI (menu navigation, keyboard, etc), and has been fairly miserable under previous iOS9 versions even with animations disabled and other conservative tweaks applied.

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2007
Ugh, I'm getting the repeated screen when clicking on a email notification, then trying to throw it in the trash.

aphexacid

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
Anyone else with a "PLUS" phone still experiencing landscape GPS issues with maps... When i switch away from maps, and try to tap the little blue bar up top (only in landscape mode) it doesn't take me back to maps... Frustrating as I hav3e expressed this within the beta feedback many times....

I just noticed this bug 2 days ago. I almost broke my phone from frustration! 9.3.1

Reactions: themick4u

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
Thanks for the heads up about the 9.7" Pro guys.

At least we know what Pro means now. Proceed with caution.

Amazing, I'm still holding off on this update...I admit, it's fear that it will brick my devices..

Anyone with a 6 Plus (2014 model) have an issue? Also the 12 inch iPad Pro?

My iMac updated fine..a little slow and had a white screen for a good 5, 6 minutes causing slight panic but everything seems to be fine. The watch also updated, thats ok for the most part..few apps are not responding though.:(

Cancelled
Apr 6, 2016
While I don't speak russian, this looks really promising: Работа iPad mini 2 на iOS 9.3.2. Что изменилось?

Specifically, as an owner of an iPad rMini (aka Mini2), I've been SEVERELY disappointed in the iOS 9 performance on it. From 9.0 - 9.3, it was been TERRIBLY slow and laggy (with a clean restore on each iOS version). When iOS 9.3 came out, O-M-GEE, it was like a brand new iPad Mini!

9.3.1 was a step backwards in performance so I never stayed on there. 9.3.2 looks promising! Gonna restore & update tonight and see

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.