Apple Releases iPhoto 7.0.2 Update

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 28, 2007.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple has released iPhoto 7.0.2 (download)

iPhoto 7 was released on August 7, 2007 as part of iLife '08, and promptly updated to iPhoto 7.0.1.

Article Link

2. macrumors 68020

P-Worm

I heard this had affected a lot of people. I hope this helps them out.

P-Worm

3. macrumors 65816

Squonk

A couple of updates under their belt. OK, I'm just about ready to upgrade from iLife 06.

4. macrumors Core

part of me hates this, part of me is happy for this.

see its a shame that all the bugs aren't worked out prior to release. but the other part is glad that they're so fast at getting the things fixed.

5. Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Having to release iPhoto 7.0.1 within a day of iPhoto 7.0 might have been awkward, but having another update 3 weeks later isn't much of a scandal.

6. macrumors 6502

X5-452

Does it annoy anyone else on a subconscious level that it's iLife 08 but all the software is version 7? I liked having all the software be the same version as the year...

7. macrumors 68040

queshy

after doing each of these past updates iPhoto is as stable as it was when I first installed it...but whatever, free updates!

8. txb
    macrumors newbie

Such is the life of S/W development ...

The reality of software development, and the process of releasing the product means that at some point you have to put a stake in the ground and ship. But that never means it's fully complete. We might get the software on a particular date, but the vendor (Apple in this case) had to create a build quite some time in advance so that they could create CD/DVDs, package them and ship them. So you say "one day after they release it" .. but the fact is that the build we get is weeks old - it doesn't happen overnight.

Kudos to Apple for putting out fixes for problems so quickly. Problems that they have found in between cutting the media and us getting it. If they did not, then people would be complaining more ... not that they actually complain less!

9. macrumors regular

Anyone know if this resolved the issue of iphoto 7 not allowing the library to be stored on an external Drive? That has been a huge issue for many people. Big feature drop with them leaving that out this revision.

10. macrumors 6502

decimortis

my fonts are still messed up but i think that's because i don't have the illusive helveticaneue.dfont

does anyone know where i can get this from...im hoping it fixes the only problem ive had with iphoto since i installed it. i've searched my system and it's nowhere to be found. (using 10.4.10)

11. Guest

superted666

Use iphoto library manager to point the library at external disk.
    i do and it works great!

12. macrumors 65816

iJawn108

*looks at the calender*

yup its 2007 still. :cool:

13. macrumors regular

Not at all, as long as everything works. :D

14. macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Its a standard system font, it should be in /Library/Fonts, try seeing if you can find it on your Mac OS X DVD.

15. macrumors 65816

j-a-x

I wonder if this fixes the sorting bugs, or if it fixes the bug that prevents me from viewing photos with certain aspect ratios on my 12" powerbook monitor. For some reason, many of my photos which are cropped with the Y dimension larger than the X dimension don't show up, although they do show up if I try to view them in an external editor - weird.

16. Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

You may have missed my point. I know about release cycles (I'm a software developer), but I'm talking about the public impresssion created when a patch is released right after a new product comes out. It wouldn't have served customers well if Apple had held up the 7.0.1 release for another week or two, but it would have looked a little better to the casual observer. An update after a month may be welcomed as an improvement, while a quickly changed release is received more like an apology!

17. macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

You're right. I would say that Tiger is pretty much fully complete now :rolleyes:

18. macrumors 65816

iJawn108

want me to send you it?

19. macrumors 65816

i hope this resolves some of my iPhone syncing issues.

20. txb
    macrumors newbie

Yes, agreed .. perception is everything.
    I'm constantly amazed by what people think goes on. If only they could get a glimpse of what's really happening :) THEN let them complain!

21. macrumors 65816

lazyrighteye

iPhone Import/Recognition Bug Fix?

I feel silly even asking...

Anyone know if this update addresses the importing/recognition of iPhones by iPhoto issue?

As has been well-documented by others, I too was able to import the first ~400 (or so) pix, but since then, iPhoto does not recognize my iPhone. Nor does Image Capture. Nor do any of the suggested workarounds.

Thanks.

22. macrumors G4

My iPhoto library is on an external drive and has been even with iPhoto 06.
    What's the problem? It's easy. Simply copy over the "Pictures" folder then make a link to it.

23. SMM
    macrumors 65816

SMM

That is waaaaaaaay too anal for me. :rolleyes:

24. macrumors regular

I just installed. Everything is running smooth.

25. macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

Updated and can't edit the names of any of my events now...

Going to rebuild library. I will be slower to jump on the wagon next time. Usually, I wait for other people to get the brunt. Me this time.