Apple Releases iTunes 11.2.2 With Podcast Bug Fix

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 28, 2014.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Apple today released iTunes 11.2.2, a minor update to the software that fixes a podcast bug that caused podcast episodes to unexpectedly download after an upgrade. It also includes several stability improvements.
    This is the third update to iTunes to be released within the last two weeks. iTunes 11.2, which added enhanced Podcasts support, was released on May 15 and iTunes 11.2.1, which fixed a hidden /Users folder bug introduced with iTunes 11.2 was released the day after.

iTunes 11.2.2 can be downloaded using the software update tool in the Mac App Store.

Article Link: Apple Releases iTunes 11.2.2 With Podcast Bug Fix

2. macrumors member

sp3k0psv3t

Thanks Apple ;)

3. macrumors 601

Yvan256

Three updates in two weeks?

Is Apple becoming Microsoft? I can understand the need for patches and updates, but someone's not testing things properly if we get that many updates in such a short time frame.

4. macrumors 68020

mainstreetmark

Will it sync podcast plays and positions between multiple macs and iOS devices, or will I continue to have vastly different playcounts.

5. macrumors regular

I don't think we should care about the quanitity of patches being released, but more so that bugs and other issues are being addressed fairly quickly. Yes, even if they should have been addressed originally and not later.

6. macrumors 68000

Cuban Missles

My heart is in Camagüey, the rest in the USA
    I don't do podcasts like I use to. I wonder how the podcast usage is doing, since the other rumors seem to suggest that music downloads is waning.

7. macrumors 601

dannyyankou

Hope this applies to TV shows too. If I play an episode from a season in iCloud, it automatically tries to download all the episodes in that season. Annoying bug.

8. macrumors 6502

tarasis

Tis a bit late, It had already downloaded gigabytes of a podcast (Videos). Better late than never I guess.

9. macrumors 604

Music isn't waning, specifically paying for tracks and albums is waning, relative to streaming. Since podcasts are free for the most part, if they are waning it's likely not for the same reasons.

10. macrumors 6502

OneBagTravel

The podcast app on iOS has been requiring me to use cellular data on episodes downloaded via WIFI. Not sure why it needs cellular turned on.

11. macrumors 65816

How about the bug with Apple TV where Netflix Dolby Digital no longer works? Seems like Apple for some reason is not patching that bug at all, they did patch last update but the same glitch is back and Dolby Digital is gone.:(

12. macrumors 68000

ghostface147

13. macrumors 65816

14. macrumors 68020

bbfc

OS X 10.9.4 and iTunes 11.2.2 in one day!

Love an update day! :D

15. macrumors 68040

I certainly think so. This month we've had several updates some of which require restarting. It's getting bothersome.

16. macrumors 601

HiRez

Yeah, I have the same problem. Sync is on, it is kind of working, but not very well, it's always been really erratic. I have an iPhone, an iPad, a MacBook Air, an iMac, and an Apple TV all on the same iCloud account and it's rare that my podcast list and play head within each podcast matches up perfectly on any of them.

17. macrumors member

Wow

:mad: My iTunes crashed 3 minutes after being open. I have 10.9.3, and iTunes 11.2.2. That is bad news. So much for the so called "stability" improvements.

18. macrumors 68000

My...oh my..aren't you being so nice...

----------

you mean 10.9.3.

19. macrumors newbie

Anybody elses quick search thing messed up now?

Before 11.2.1 if I typed in, for example, Led Zeppelin (or just led or whatever), it would scroll down to where Led Zeppelin are and open their first sorted album.

When I say typed in, I mean not in the search bar, just in the main window, no albums open or anything.

Post 11.2.1, I type in Led Zeppelin (or just led again), it scrolls down to Rage Against The Machine. If I scroll up then the first Led Zeppelin album is open.

This is on album view by the way, and it's extremely irritating.

20. macrumors 68000

ErikGrim

Have been getting beach balls for almost every operation (especially ID3 editing) since 11.2. Hope these stability improvements are for us with massive libraries.

21. macrumors 68020

theBB

Has anybody found a way to delete a podcast from a playlist and get it removed from the library to the trash at the same time? I was able to use Option-Delete to achieve this, but that does not work anymore. The podcast gets deleted from the playlist, but stays in the library.

Regular songs can still be deleted from Library by Option-Delete in a playlist, so this new behavior is only for Podcasts.

22. macrumors 68000

Parasprite

Because we all know that when we talk to tech support from a huge company, we are certainly talking to a programmer who is deeply involved with the project who help customers while their code is compiling or when they have nothing better to do.

/s

----------

Check the front page.

23. macrumors regular

Does anybody know if this solves the massive memory leak when your podcasts would be downloading while playing one? It caused my computer to completely lock up, and having to close all apps. Problem is that I cannot 100% reproduce it, so I don't know if this update fixed it.

24. macrumors 65816

Mike MA

That's actually an awful amount of bug fixing lately.

25. macrumors 603

Michaelgtrusa

Working hard too fix.