Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

newitunes122logo.jpg
Along with updates for iOS, OS X, and watchOS 2, Apple today released a new version of iTunes, iTunes 12.3.1. The update is a minor one, with the release notes only saying it improves overall stability and performance.

The iTunes update can be downloaded from the software update function in the Mac App Store.

iTunes 12.3.1 comes just over a month after the release of iTunes 12.3, which brought support for iOS 9 and OS X El Capitan. iTunes 12, which brought a major redesign to the iTunes software, was initially released in 2014 alongside OS X Yosemite.

Article Link: Apple Releases iTunes 12.3.1 With Stability and Performance Improvements

Reactions: appledefenceforce

ThomasJL

macrumors 68000
Oct 16, 2008
Will this finally fix the missing songs bug whenever syncing an iPhone with iTunes?

arpi

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2014
Cheeky buggers have ticked Show Apple Music in preferences on both of my Macs so that the tabs show up again after this iTunes update. :mad:

Yup. They would explode if they wouldn't force something on us.

John.B

macrumors 601
Jan 15, 2008
Holocene Epoch
I hope this fixes the issue where songs I *bought* from iTunes during the Apple Music trial period show as "purchased" (and so are unavailable) from iTunes on my iPhone and won't sync to my iPhone from iTunes on my Mac mini...

The Apple Music content should have never been "consolidated" with my existing iTunes library.

:mad:

Feend

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2015
no mans land
Stability my ass. 12.3.1 made iTunes even slower on my machine. 20 minute boot up time!

Apple needs to figure this **** out. There is no reason whatsoever that it should be this problematic to run a simple audio player. I run ableton live recording and playing hi quality audio files with multiple tracks and plugins running with zero problems.

TMRJIJ

macrumors 68040
Dec 12, 2011
South Carolina, United States
Stability my ass. 12.3.1 made iTunes even slower on my machine. 20 minute boot up time!

Apple needs to figure this **** out. There is no reason whatsoever that it should be this problematic to run a simple audio player. I run ableton live recording and playing hi quality audio files with multiple tracks and plugins running with zero problems.

Well your machine has problems then. My 5 year Macbook Pro (Intel Core 2 Duo; 8 GB RAM; Seagate SSHD) can open iTunes in just 4 seconds.

jmarkt

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2012
California

Yeah, I updated iTunes, on El Capitan, and so far I've spent 4 1/2 hours staring at a white screen!!! What's the matter with Apple, releasing such a suckie product!!??
newitunes122logo.jpg
Along with updates for iOS, OS X, and watchOS 2, Apple today released a new version of iTunes, iTunes 12.3.1. The update is a minor one, with the release notes only saying it improves overall stability and performance.

The iTunes update can be downloaded from the software update function in the Mac App Store.

iTunes 12.3.1 comes just over a month after the release of iTunes 12.3, which brought support for iOS 9 and OS X El Capitan. iTunes 12, which brought a major redesign to the iTunes software, was initially released in 2014 alongside OS X Yosemite.

Article Link: Apple Releases iTunes 12.3.1 With Stability and Performance Improvements

lunarworks

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2003
Toronto, Canada

Yup. It sounds like your problem extends way beyond iTunes.

Go the the Apple Support forums and ask them what's up. You usually get good help from the community.

Reactions: orbital~debris
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.