Apple releases Keyboard Update 1.0 for Intel Macs – Yet prob...

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Apr 27, 2006.

1. macrumors bot

2. Guest

radian23

my keyboard is exactly the same. Sweet...

3. macrumors 65816

ero87

could this posssibly fix an unresponsive delete key? I doubt it, but i'm trying it out tonight.

edit: no luck, it's just a hardware issue.

4. macrumors newbie

oh?

hmmm i wasn't aware of any keyboard problems on my intel iMac? i 've never had to re-identify my keyboard or having problems with unresponsive keys?

on second thought: my WASD keys do show some signs of wear.... maybe i should shift the keyboard layout to TFGH or lay off the WoW sessions :D :D

5. macrumors 68040

so i installed the update.. and after a reboot, the mouse stopped working and was not recognised by the iMac..
    what a pain.. had to plug in another mouse just so i could shut down..

after another re-start it was all ok :)

6. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I've installed the update but one of the two problems I was having (key repetition) is still happening. I don't yet know whether the other problem (it sometimes thinks I'm holding Option after waking from sleep) is fixed.

Edit: That one's not fixed either.

7. macrumors 603

netdog

The wireless keyboard on my Intel iMac often gets disconnected. I had thought that it was a bluetooth issue, but maybe this will fix it. We'll see.

8. macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

There was a big issue of the media keys not working on a lot of new iMacs(Including Mine). The keyboard also had to be unplugged and plugged back in everytime the computer went to sleep. This problem was fixed(at least for me) with 10.4.6. I'm going to download it anyway. I don't think I'll notice anything.

9. macrumors member

Same here. However, after 10.4.6 the problem shifted to my Mighty Mouse in that my right click was not recognized and I would have to unplug/plug the mouse.

Lets see if this solves that problem.

10. macrumors newbie

When will they please get it right. Spent 1hour 16 minutes on apple care. This should not be BETA software! Do not update!!!!

11. macrumors 6502

Mainyehc

There's no need to do that! Being a switcher, I'm very used to doing all sorts of tasks with the keyboard, so I learnt the OS X default shortcuts; for opening the Apple menu just press ctrl + F2 (or, in laptops, fn + ctrl + F2). You can find some other ones on the Keyboard Shortcuts tab on System Preferences, and activate Full Keyboard Access, which sometimes comes in handy. :cool: