Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aristotle

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2007
Canada
I work for Samsung, not MS.
That explains a lot. I suppose you toe company line and say positive things about Samsung commercials too? Do you also come here defending their "shipped" numbers as well?

I hope you don't work for their public relations.

I make it a point to never discuss who I work for with anyone online because I want to ensure that my comments on here reflect only my values and opinions.

Renzatic

Suspended
That explains a lot. I suppose you toe company line and say positive things about Samsung commercials too? Do you also come here defending their "shipped" numbers as well?

I hope you don't work for their public relations.

I make it a point to never discuss who I work for with anyone online because I want to ensure that my comments on here reflect only my values and opinions.

Yeah, public relations are exactly what I do. I'm a paid astroturfer.

...well, by paid I mean they give me baked pastries for secretly integrating myself into Apple communities, and by astroturfer I mean you should buy a Galaxy S4.

I am very good at what I do.
arms.gif

laserbeam273

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2010
Australia
Not to shabby...

However, that guy zooming along with his mac on his lap like its gonna fall any second.... Its a precise machine..

Get a hard cover case for heavens sake...

He probably should of stuck with a PC laptop,, at they these are designed for that purpose. The tough-book comes to mind...

But this IS an Apple add... We don't wish to show "other" laptop which make more sense in the industry now do we.... :p

We have to give credit, where credit it due, instead to being a reality...

Personally, I often wonder about these people... are they really a PC user, but Apple just said. "Here's a Mac, use it for our ad"

i wonder.......seriously, cos some of the tough industry's, on the road stuff, i seriously think you would need something better and more rugged.

I actually loved that bit because I know people who treat their Macs like that, and it was breaking the norm of Macs are for people who don't want to get their hands dirty. Not everyone has to baby them, they're actually tougher than most think.

I imagine that guy was a photographer as well, and there's no way that I'd want to be managing media portably on anything other than a Mac!

cosmichobo

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2006
'Tis indeed a lovely ad...

You only have to sit in a public location these days for a few minutes to see how ubiquitous personal computing has become, and how Apple dominates with their mobile devices...

I guess whilst the ad is a great homage to the Mac's mission, I still feel a lil forlorn for the Mac itself, which is likely in the end of its life cycle...

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
I actually loved that bit because I know people who treat their Macs like that, and it was breaking the norm of Macs are for people who don't want to get their hands dirty. Not everyone has to baby them, they're actually tougher than most think.

I imagine that guy was a photographer as well, and there's no way that I'd want to be managing media portably on anything other than a Mac!

Maybe true, but buy something for the industry you intend to have it work in...

In a dusty environment, you know it's gonna get knocked up a bit.... PC users don't really care, but Apple users do..... so why not protect it ?

http://www.macworld.com/article/209...he-mac-at-30-the-mac-keeps-going-forever.html

ericschmerick

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2004
If the world agrees on giving the slashes to USA and the dots are left alone for the logical system, I'm all for it.

At first I thought you were just a troll. Then I noticed you're been a macrumors forum user for 10 years. Now I just feel sad for you.

kingtj

macrumors 68030
Oct 23, 2003
Brunswick, MD
Technically, ok, but ....

That first "MP Man" player, IMO, really was nothing like Apple's first iPod. Yeah, both played MP3 music -- but come on. That MP Man looked more like a portable shaver than a piece of consumer electronics! The ability to actually navigate menus and sub-menus easily with the click-wheel made the iPod really stand out from any of the competitors of the day. Can you imagine trying to build a custom playlist of favorite songs using that single line LCD screen and a couple of small silver buttons? No way to view your album's artwork either.

The latter is true, but the former isn't. This is what the first MP3 player looked like.

The iPod became a big hit not because no one had ever seen an MP3 player before, but because of the deadly combination of excellent marketing, Apple style, and the iTunes store.

Renzatic

Suspended
That first "MP Man" player, IMO, really was nothing like Apple's first iPod. Yeah, both played MP3 music -- but come on. That MP Man looked more like a portable shaver than a piece of consumer electronics! The ability to actually navigate menus and sub-menus easily with the click-wheel made the iPod really stand out from any of the competitors of the day. Can you imagine trying to build a custom playlist of favorite songs using that single line LCD screen and a couple of small silver buttons? No way to view your album's artwork either.

The click-wheel was the one thing Apple brought to the MP3 player scene, and the one thing that separated the iPod from the other players out at the time (plus having a bit of style didn't hurt it none). But the menu UI had already been done previously by Creative with the Nomad line.

Like everything Apple does, the iPod was a mix of the best the competition had to offer, with their style and attention to detail added on top. It was the best of the bunch, but still not entirely unprecedented.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.