Apple Releases 'Mac Wi-Fi Update 1.0' to Fix 5GHz Wi-Fi Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 17, 2012.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Apple has released an update for recently released Mac systems that improves compatibility when using 5GHz Wi-Fi frequencies. The update is recommended for all "late 2012" Macs.

Mac Wi-Fi Update 1.0 can be downloaded from Apple's support site or through the Mac App Store on affected Macs.
    Article Link: Apple Releases 'Mac Wi-Fi Update 1.0' to Fix 5GHz Wi-Fi Issue

2. macrumors 65816

treyjustice

Is this retina as well? I'm having horrible speeds on mine

3. macrumors member

Not showing for 15" rbmp...

4. macrumors 6502

Update shows up for my 13" rMPB.

5. macrumors 6502

Definitely noticed some weird issues with the 15" rMBP, but I don't see the update. :(

6. macrumors regular

This update is for late-2012 Mac systems...

Considering the 15" rMBP was released in mid-2012, I doubt you'll see it.

7. macrumors newbie

What about the rest of us?

I've been getting VERY poor speeds, if it will even stay connected at all.. I'm on a mid 2010 MBP 2.66 GHz i7.. I've been thinking it was my ISP, but after much testing, it's just my MBP..

8. macrumors regular

Matt T

What about the 2011 models, Apple? My iMac can't stay connected to a 5GHz network for more than a few minutes and then can't even find them.

9. macrumors regular

Schranke

haha just got trolled after reading this.

Opens MAC see 1 update, thinking wtf did you guys say it was late 2012 mac's???
    click over, just HardwareGrowler

10. macrumors newbie

my late-2009 iMac has serious WiFi issues as well.... always cannot find WiFi at home, even though my late-2011 MBP finds it just fine even if right beside it

:(

11. macrumors 6502

My late 2009 iMac had problems as well. It didn't have problems until I bought the first Airport Express to feature 802.11n about a year and a half ago. Then I moved and bought a new, up to date most recent model Airport Express and now the speeds are fine and no drops. I think there's some issues with certain past Airport Express units. Chipsets or something. I don't know.

12. macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Need an update for my 2011 imac's wifi. It's been garbage with mountain lion!

13. macrumors 68030

FESTIVUS is for the Rest of Us!

14. macrumors 6502a

user418

Yada, Yada, Yada..........

15. macrumors member

Finally... this was much needed...

16. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

We've been having terrible trouble since updating one of our iMacs and our Mac Pro to mountain lion with Wifi drop outs continuous throughout the day, bordering on the frustratingly annoying.

I have done every single solution found on the Internet and posted in forums to solve it but nothing has done so. The same macs work perfectly when in Bootcamp so clearly its a software issue.

Judging by the amount of similar posts I've found on here and Apple's support site, its clear ML does some funky **** to wifi. Therefore I was really hopeful when I saw they had released a wifi update and then left with sore nuts after seeing it was for 2012 macs only.

Apples support and attitude for older machines is starting to become very poor. Especially considering I paid over €4k at the time for my MacPro setup, and can't even get software with working wifi from Apple in 2012 :(

As Jim from the Royle Family would say 'professional, my ar5e'....

17. macrumors member

I have a 2012 MacBook Air with frequent wireless drops on both 2.4 and especially on the 5GHz bands. It's annoying, and this update feels a bit like I'm being excluded.

18. macrumors member

I'm so glad they finally put this out I kept having this problem.
    [​IMG]

19. macrumors 6502a

seveej

I guess this is the vaunted "tight integration between hardware and software" in action...

Remember all those problems Dual band n stations caused Tiger users ( https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2248347?threadID=2248347 )? Guess what: Still no fix, just a workaround.

RGDS,