Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

umijin

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2006
Bfd

Pathetic. Only a MacSheep could get excited about this.

How about a real update to the iPod line? You know, with a screen you can actually watch a video on? Something TODAY, and not mythically in the future like the MacPhone (iPhone is taken)?

Or how about a truly portable, and not a luggable 5+ pound laptop?

This color fluff, we do not need.

MovieCutter

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2005
Washington, DC
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

wake me up when the new Mac Pros are out

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Pathetic. Only a MacSheep could get excited about this.

How about a real update to the iPod line? You know, with a screen you can actually watch a video on? Something TODAY, and not mythically in the future like the MacPhone (iPhone is taken)?

Or how about a truly portable, and not a luggable 5+ pound laptop?

This color fluff, we do not need.

While I agree with you, your presentation needs work. It will be the iPhone btw...

Mainyehc

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2004
Lisbon, Portugal
Such a deal. If you want to look like the fanboy/girl in the photo, it's only gonna cost you $395 plus the hospital bills after the mugging. :p

Hey, think about it: it's not *that* hard to carry more than one shuffle with you... They are certainly lighter and smaller than a CD case, a tape or a MiniDisc, and carry in some cases 10x more than those media. Heh, the colours could make up for the lack of screen: you could carry whole different discographies or genres on each one... :cool:

Or you could carry a 30GB iPod... :p :rolleyes:

L3X

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2006
Chesapeake, VA
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

who cares about colored shuffles. why am i going to buy a 1 GB shuffle when i can buy a nano for a little bit more. Or a refurb nano for the same price.

let's get on to the good stuff.

Swarmlord

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2006
Orange Nano, Orange iMac, Orange MacBook......just like the good ol' days, when you could have a matching desktop and laptop....:rolleyes:

I kind of miss the assorted iMac colors even though the milky white is sweet.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Lame.
Nice move :apple:, but seriously, :apple:tv, airport extremes that aren't shipping and now colored shuffles. Give us a something we really want.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Perfect for the busy IT professional who can never have enough things clipped to their belt. :D

Mmm, but the pink one is rather cute. As morally wrong as it is to clip all that crap to yourself. And even though I wear a pager most days during work because of the clinic.... :rolleyes:™

MovieCutter

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2005
Washington, DC

who cares about colored shuffles. why am i going to buy a 1 GB shuffle when i can buy a nano for a little bit more.

"Who cares about iPod minis. Why am I going to buy a 4GB mini when I can buy an iPod for a little bit more."

Some people never learn...:rolleyes:

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004

who cares about colored shuffles. why am i going to buy a 1 GB shuffle when i can buy a nano for a little bit more. Or a refurb nano for the same price.

let's get on to the good stuff.

I'm going to get one. I have a 40GB 4G iPod that's too clunky to use in the gym. I don't need to store masses of tracks so the Shuffle is perfect!

sneakyh

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2006
Why are people whining? A day ago we were counting on nothing and now we have a shuffle in various bright colors. :D
An update is always good and I think the shuffle is pretty cool and plan to buy one for jogging or the gym.

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
It's not the newest one. That would be the Airport Extreme base station. I don't think that this update warranted all this hoopla, though.

What hoopla?

There was a rumor the day before, then a quiet product release. It's not like Steve delivered a 2-hour keynote for this.

It is what it is. Can Apple not introduce cosmetic upgrades to products without fans demanding more?

Evangelion

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2005
who cares about colored shuffles. why am i going to buy a 1 GB shuffle when i can buy a nano for a little bit more.

Heh, that was EXACTLY the same "argument" people used back when iPod Mini was announced. "Why should I get the Mini when I could just spend a bit more money, and get the real iPod instead?". So we could continue that with "Why should I get a Shuffle, when by paying a bit more I could get a Nano instead? And paying just a bit more I could get the Videi iPod instead...". Pretty soon you would find yourself spending $349 instead of $79. Not that Apple would complain :).

So why should you buy the Shuffle and not Nano? Well, Shuffle is considerably cheaper. And it's a lot smaller. And those are very good reasons to buy one. Why buy the Nano when Video iPod is only a bit more expensive? Because Nano is smaller and cheaper? I rest my case....

ultimatemac

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2005
Something going wrong

Common! for me, now hell freezing!

i-Gadgets are important for Apple and so for the mac, and probably there wouldn´t be such nice macs withoiut the earnings from the iPod deals, but hey, where is the real system stuff? New infos on leopard, or maybe some refreshed Displays, updated Mac pro?

where is the stuff big boys want, no colorful versions for fanboys?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.