Apple Releases New iPad 2 Ad, 'Now'

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 17, 2011.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple just posted this new television ad for the iPad 2 on Apple's iPad page and YouTube channel. The ad illustrates life is different "now" that we have the iPad 2. The ad shows off apps for the Wall Street Journal, Spin magazine, the movie The King's Speech, Facetime, iTunes U, the iBookstore, and Star Walk.
    Thanks Geoff!

Article Link: Apple Releases New iPad 2 Ad, 'Now'

2. macrumors G4

Chundles

No specs, no "ours does this does yours?" not even the name of the product spoken in the ad.

Focus on the experience - absolutely perfect. Damn they really know what they're doing don't they.

3. macrumors 65816

doug in albq

AWESOME!

Truly a new way...

Superb marketing message.

Near-perfect.

4. macrumors regular

Another great ad, Apple and its marketing team are the most brilliant in the entire business

5. macrumors 604

jmann

This was a really great ad. I loved the mood.

6. macrumors 68000

BJMRamage

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Very nice. Just like packaging they use emotion and desire whereas competitors use flashy numbers and "we've also gOT this "

7. macrumors 68000

aristotle

One word to describe this entire ad campaign: Classy

Such a big contrast from ads with robotic space ships or trash talking the competition or the "hey mom, look what I can do" type of ads that we see from the competition.

Multitasking sounds great but you can realistically only watch one video at a time on a small screen. Realistically, you can only interact with one application at a time as well.

8. macrumors 65816

Terrific ad, truly stellar quality— and I also take comfort in knowing that using this new tablet computer won't turn me into a ****ing cyborg from Hell, but then again, I'm also not 12 years old, either.

:)

9. macrumors member

very serene :]

10. macrumors 6502

Sixtafoua

I don't see why people think this is amazing, it's just an ad saying random things the iPad does. I think they could make a more MAGICAL ad for a MAGICAL device. (maybe with unicorns or something like that.)

11. macrumors 6502a

What can't other business do smart, classy ads like these... oh, that right they are a me too product, that's just not good enough.

Would had love to create a campaign like this one time in my career:rolleyes:

12. macrumors G5

nagromme

Ha ha :) I think of that ad too when I try to figure out the mentality of someone moved by those weird middle-school-macho Android tablet ads :D Best thing about that Xoom ad: it focuses on an awesome 3D game. A game ported from the iPad. And, at the time, the ONLY tablet-optimized game for Honeycomb!! Talk about intentionally misleading advertising... to have a whole ad focused on a device as a game machine, when there are no games to speak of, and that one game runs on the iPad anyway!

13. macrumors 6502a

42streetsdown

very nice ad. it almost makes me want to buy one... almost...

14. macrumors 68000

Not nearly enough lasers, lightning, or creatures morphing out of liquid metal. No epic rock music.

They'll not sell a single one.

15. macrumors 6502

FroMann

I want Apple to hire Jeff Goldblum again for thier ADs. :D

16. macrumors regular

It almost makes you WANT to buy one. :cool:

17. macrumors member

Why are these ever on the front page? It’s useless news. Some of the stuff on the Page 2s is more worthy.

18. macrumors 68000

aristotle

Nah, they should hire Richard Dreyfuss again but have him do a funny ad in a fake german accent.
    ;)

19. macrumors 603

appleguy123

Apple should adopt a campaign like this for the iPhone, instead of the prudish 'if you don't have an iPhone' ad campaign.
    Also, bring back get a Mac or something similar.

20. macrumors 6502a

That was actually a really good commercial. I liked it.

21. macrumors 6502

100% agree...

The "You don't have an iPhone" is simply horrid. It reeks of desperation. The iPad commercials are simply amazing. Smooth. serene, calm, confident.

Classic show don't tell.

22. macrumors newbie

I like these new iPad 2 ads. The new iPhone ads are too smug, but these are perfect, almost as good as "Think Different".

23. macrumors 603

appleguy123

I agree. Those commercial perpetuate the stereotype that Apple users are just egocentric cronies who think they're better than you.

24. macrumors 6502a

Why no white iPad 2 commercials?

25. macrumors member

about video calling...

I'd really like to see apple push a universal standard & universal hardware for video calling. To be able to call someone's phone, living room TV, or their computer from your iPad would be amazing.

Ideally, I'd like the Apple TV to have a forward facing iSight HD camera in it so I can video call my grandma who lives in another state from my iPad. I'd buy everyone in my family a $99 Apple TV if that was the case.