Apple Releases New iPad Television Ad: "Do It All"

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 18, 2012.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today posted a new television ad for the new iPad called "Do It All". The Retina Display is the focus, with a number of different apps sharing the spotlight.
    This is the second television spot that Apple has released for the new iPad. The first, released in March after the introduction of the product, was titled "This Good". It also focused on the new Retina display. Last week, Apple released an ad for the new Retina MacBook Pro that also focused on the screen.

Article Link: Apple Releases New iPad Television Ad: "Do It All"

2. macrumors newbie

RMC Tech

Ha! iPad on TV. Love it. The iPad is taking over. And I love that too. :apple:

3. macrumors regular

4. macrumors member

LeGacY X

Passive aggressive response to the Surface????

5. macrumors 65816

Are you kidding? It took them longer than a few hours to make the commercial. It's just coincidence.

6. macrumors 68020

THIS is what Microsoft needed to show. It's amazing how these companies pay so much attention to Apple, but still severely under deliver.

7. macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

8. macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

You mean you can't just sell a tablet with a gimmick cover?;)

9. macrumors newbie

I kind of chuckled at this ad, seeing it right next to the more "intense and serious" Surface ad lol.

10. macrumors member

Kickstand!

11. macrumors 65816

Rot'nApple

What happened to the other iPad voice over guy. He had a more mature, smoothing sounding voice? Me like better.
    /
    /
    /

12. macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

That's what a new product advertisement should look like, the iPad is portable, capable, and allows you the freedom to take light weight work or your hobbies with you anywhere.

You don't need 6 USB 3.0 ports, 2 HDMI ports, an SD reader, FW 800, and an onboard optical drive for any of that. I hope Microsoft has gotten beyond 'it's got more ports!'

13. macrumors 68000

14. macrumors member

I wonder how many new iPads Apple needs to unbox before getting a really good screen to shoot a commercial like that, with what seems to be a "white" page. Mine was yellow. My sister´s yellow, my friend´s yellow.. God =P

15. macrumors 6502

:eek: :D :)

*Looks more closely*
    [/excitement]

Seriously, though, nice ad. Clean and simple, keeping with the :apple: tradition.

16. macrumors newbie

TelegraphRoad

Brave

Nice plug for Brave. But, they should have spent more time on the cover and the two or three different models. And, maybe talk about the processor. And also the thinness. Plus, the low weight. Maybe show some rocks bouncing 'round. Of course, not mentioning the price or when it will be available was cool. Wait, it's been available since 2010 and it costs as little as $400? Oh.

17. macrumors member

LeGacY X

I know that it took them longer than a few hours to make the commercial, but is it not possible that they had the commercial made and released it today, on purpose... It was just a joke:p

18. macrumors 6502a

eRondeau

Watching Apple's iPad ad immediately after Microsoft's Surface ad illustrates the vast differences between the philosophies of both companies. The Apple ad shows people in every scene; people using the technology, people creating, people communicating. The Microsoft ad shows no people at all; Microsoft is essentially expecting the device will sell itself. Apple is always thinking about people, while Microsoft is only thinking about technology. To me this illustrates a profound dichotomy.

19. macrumors 68000

Sylon

I love the ridiculously simple ads Apple puts out, yet they are all you need to know, and they get the point across.

Its the best concept for ads, keep it simple. You don't need to be flashy or have stupid bits (ie: the "4Genie" from Boost Mobile). I view Apple's advertisements like these much like their product packaging. Brilliant.

20. macrumors member

This commercial showcases one of the fundamental differences between Apple and Microsoft. Microsoft shows a dub step video featuring a tablet device, Apple shows you an iPad and explicitly lets you know what you can DO with it.

21. macrumors 6502a

22. macrumors newbie

TelegraphRoad

Sepia

"Sepia" setting?

23. macrumors member

Honestly I did not enjoy the ad. The new retina mac ad was beautiful, simple, and elegant. This one seemed...forced. Not my style.

24. macrumors 6502a

I don't care for Apple's new type of advertising. I think their best days thus far were with the narration-less iPod dancing silhouette and MacBook Air in an envelope with only music. These commericals stood out and always made me want to stop and watch them when they came on. The new narrated ones, albeit well written, don't stand out enough through the rest of the ads. Still great products though.

25. macrumors G3

charlituna

There's a phrase I remember from working retail in college: Features and Benefits. basically you say what something is or has and then why someone would give a flip about it. Microsoft focuses on the features and forgets the benefits. Apple is so busy with the benefits that the feature actually being mentioned is almost a toss away comment. And as the benefit (up to 10 hours of battery life on a single charge) is what the common buyer understands rather than the feature (95 Watt battery), it makes sense that the Apple ads are more 'impressive'