Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frysco

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2007
Battery fixes?

Still waiting for a 10.8.x update that fixes the excessive battery drain issue.

Though I wonder if we'll ever actually see it. This seems to be Apple's modus operandi of late when it comes to battery problems.

"Look, here's us working on a fix, and here's the proof that this fix will work when we put it in" ... Several updates come and go, and no sign that fix was put in.

I'm still waiting for the iOS update that fixes the battery drain that was identified back in iOS 5 when the 4S came out. Allegedly it was being worked on, but then... nothing!

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I was having wi-fi dropping too. I checked all my connections. I found that my router power plug was not plugged all the in to the power outlet. That was two weeks ago. Since then I have not had another wi-fi interruption.

It's annoying. Three other macs in the house all upgraded to 10.8 without the issue, but my macpro is having lots of issues with it dropping. There is a big thread over on the apple support forums with lots of suggestions like changing the MTU etc.. but none have actually solved it for me.

MrClam

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2012
Downloaded, restarted and still hasn't fixed my wifi dropping issues since upgrading to Mountain Lion... :(

I had the same problem, fixed it by changing the security setting on my router from WPA2 to WPA.. Im less secure, but it seems to have fixed the problem until apple fixes it...

atMac

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2011
How do you get more than 64GB of RAM? Isnt 8GB chips as big as they make right now? so I think 64GB is the max.

masti13harsh

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2012
Saw 6:44 as time remaining after full recharge.. With safari running 3 tabs with mac app store opened
MacBook Pro 13" early 2011(86% battery health & 226 cycles)...:):):):apple:

Cynicalone

macrumors 68040
Jul 9, 2008
Okie land
Had to upgrade Mail after updating so it also packs in a new version of that.

Screen Shot 2012-10-04 at 3.45.50 PM.png

Last edited:

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I had the same problem, fixed it by changing the security setting on my router from WPA2 to WPA.. Im less secure, but it seems to have fixed the problem until apple fixes it...

3 updates in and you think they would have sorted such a fundamental problem.

Yeah I tried that too but with little success. Making it N - 5ghz only did work for me, but as a result lot of our devices don't support the 5ghz only frequency (iphone 4s for example) so couldn't keep it at that without ending up using another wireless router alongside it....

g13000

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
Mail Crash in 10.8.2

Ever since my update, Mail has been crashing constantly. I have seen some threads mentioning the issue when you have multiple accounts....
Crossing my fingers; believe it or not I have become relatively dependent on email in the year 2012.

Junkyman

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
How about the EFI performance issue with the rMBP? And the slow shutting down issue? Anyone notice whether those issues were resolved?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.