Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beebarb

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2015
Thanks man I really appreciate your help :) This is a great idea but the text size in any application remains still the same what is so exhausting to read. I actually found a interesting information about metal but I am not really sure if this is still the case(post is about 3 months old): https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/39io36/metal_supported_gpus_and_no_actual_metal/
Well, something I have taken to doing, is enabling zoom using hotkeys in Accessibility preferences.
Though I have a 1920x1080 display, so I usually only use it when I need to focus on something.

It may not be completely accurate information.
Even if the WindowServer itself isn't making Metal calls, it could be using other system components that are.

WillO95

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2014
I wonder if anyone could help me, I currently have Version 10.11 Beta (15A279b) running on my Macbook Pro Retina, and it it refusing to see the update for either the GM version, or the Beta for 10.11.1.

I tried to re-download through the Dev Center, and so it tries to download the main install client, but after that it just fails every time.

Could someone assist? Thanks in advance!

Will

beebarb

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2015
I wonder if anyone could help me, I currently have Version 10.11 Beta (15A279b) running on my Macbook Pro Retina, and it it refusing to see the update for either the GM version, or the Beta for 10.11.1.

I tried to re-download through the Dev Center, and so it tries to download the main install client, but after that it just fails every time.

Could someone assist? Thanks in advance!

Will
The GM candidate is NOT an update. It is a standalone installer, likely due to the amount of differences between it and the last beta (or Apple wanting people to do a complete install of such an important milestone).

Anyway, you have to download the full installer for the GM candidate from the 'Purchases' tab in the app store, and run it.

After the GM is installed, you can then update to 10.11.1 beta with the 'Updates' tab.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.