Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
Yeah, I did create the guest account and everything is running a lot better than it did. I still see beach balls but many other issues have sorted themselves out.

Thanks, bedifferent. Between your suggestions, information and other folks easy to follow instructions, I'm hoping for another few months out of this iMac now.

That's actually great news! So something in your home /Library folder is causing those issues. I would create an admin account, copy your personal documents over, and delete the guest account. Use that new admin account as your main account.

sw6lee

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2013
Safari scrolling issue

in developer preview 2, do you guys notice that safari is really choppy when scrolling while a webpage is still loading? in Mavericks, Chrome, firefox, and every other web browser had this issue while safari was super duper completely smooth as butter even before webpage just started loading. but now it's just like chrome and firefox. it's really choppy initially, then after everything's loaded it become smooth again.

i don't think i had this problem in developer preview 1 of yosemite. how about you guys?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.