Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kemo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
Was the option to turn transparency off on the status bar always there?

yes it was in DP1 as far as I remember under "Accessibility" option I think. It was system wide thus for the status bar as well, am I correct?

IsiahMS

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2014
Austin, Texas
If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, it's been around since the beginning of OS X (or at least a very, very long time..at least since OS X Tiger).

Was talking about the one in desktop/Screensaver options..
4f50d27389.png

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Swift is far from being ready for serious development. They have done a little bit with it, but I doubt that they will actually rewrite anything using Swift. And why would it double the performance? :confused: Swift is slightly faster for some things and slower for other things. All in all, there will be no visible difference in performance.

It's just a cleaner/faster way to code right?

stiligFox

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2009
Aww gonna miss the star field! I remember spending 5 minutes zooming back and forth on my first Mac that supported Core Animation... Ah good times.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
The Safari UI has been slightly tweaked, but still some UI glitches, especially on the new tab page.

Spotlight loads first time and doesn't stick anymore - seems smoother also.

App Store - when going full screen the top menu bar disappears (Features, Top Charts etc), not sure if this is by design or just a bug.

Seems to be eating RAM at the moment - the memory pressure box is full of green!

iCore24

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2013
Michigan
MAJOR UPDATE FIX!

You can now enable "Automatic graphics switching" in Settings/Energy Saver for rMBP.
AND IT WILL NOT MAKE YOU LAPTOP LAGGY AND SLOW...Kind of!!!
Usually when its enabled and I scroll though my desktop spaces you can notice a lot of stutter. I tested this before updating and it was still there. But now its perfectly smooth! There is a little stutter using mission control but I think it always did even before updating. Also opening folders in the dock is really laggy!
But it is still better then mavericks!

Now why would you want to do this????

Because my battery last less then 5 hours and enabling this gives around 2 MORE HOURS!

* Here is a side by side look at the DP1 and DP2 settings icon. I like the new one a lot better! More symmetrical.

Attachments

• old.png
    old.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 2,434
  • new.png
    new.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 2,426
Last edited:

SmOgER

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
I can confirm that regardless to if you are a licensed dev, if you obtained the beta through whatever means other than entering a code into the mac appstore you still get the update :)
Yep, wanted to say the same thing. :)

Downloading now via MAS so no one could say I got it illegally hehe!

lee27

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2012
Has anyone been able to install Yosemite in a clean install? I installed over Mavericks and would prefer a clean one.

However, everytime I CMD+R start up, and then go to the install screen, I get a "authorizing this installation with apple" and then get told it failed and to contact Applecare.

I'm a developer and redeemed with a code from the app store.

Yes, I made a bootable USB. Followed instructions on youtube. worked great!!! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm-qUPUyVB4

kemo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
Safari seems to eat ram like nobodies business. I can't tell if the OS itself is also eating ram, it's pretty intense.

Crap! I hoped they gonna improve the memory management for Safari as its crazy how Safari on Mavericks easily eats 2GB of RAM with 5 tabs. That's unbelievable.

8CoreWhore

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Tejas
Has anyone been able to install Yosemite in a clean install? I installed over Mavericks and would prefer a clean one.

However, everytime I CMD+R start up, and then go to the install screen, I get a "authorizing this installation with apple" and then get told it failed and to contact Applecare.

I'm a developer and redeemed with a code from the app store.

This is what I did, works perfectly.
http://arstechnica.com/apple/2014/06/how-to-create-a-test-partition-for-the-os-x-yosemite-beta/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.