Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

metfuel

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2002
My gripes with the new look are

1) The folders are disgusting. They look like a horrible windows theme; the old folder honestly would have worked better.
2) The toolbar buttons look out of place. They should have gotten rid of the outlines all together and just used the icons.
3) What is with the paper texture, such as the one used in the Notes application?

sfwalter

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Dallas Texas
Anyone else having a problem enabling wifi? On my 2013 Mac Pro it won't turn on no matter how many times I try to enable it.

junkymonkey

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2014
Continuity and Handoff

The Continuity and Handoff are missing from the Bluetooth section of System Information. Just says Bluetooth Low Energy Supported now.

jackth29

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Slight separation between top of application and menubar

Is anyone else having a problem where they can't get the application window fully up to the top of the menubar? There is a slight gap that is just a little annoying:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-07 at 1.02.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-07 at 1.02.15 PM.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 92

Fangio

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2011
~700k?? Thats lame, Apple..

30min to go ;)

Attachments

• IPNetMonitor @ DP3 d:l - 2014-07-07 at 22.13.38.png
    IPNetMonitor @ DP3 d:l - 2014-07-07 at 22.13.38.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 111

wiz329

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
For most people (or for me at least) we don't have the money for separate work/personal/dev machines, so the betas get installed on the only device I have. I'm not saying people have a right to complain about bugs because it is a beta, but the argument that it shouldn't be installed on personal machines isn't always valid.

If you indeed have access to the beta, that means you are indeed a member of the developer program, no?

I've met very few developers that don't have the hardware to add an extra partition for beta testing.

vaerie

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2014
For most people (or for me at least) we don't have the money for separate work/personal/dev machines, so the betas get installed on the only device I have. I'm not saying people have a right to complain about bugs because it is a beta, but the argument that it shouldn't be installed on personal machines isn't always valid.

you don't need two machines, just the ability to boot from two separate drives. a $50 hdd isn't a valid barrier for common sense.

r3volution11

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2014
Baltimore, MD
Is anyone else having a problem where they can't get the application window fully up to the top of the menubar? There is a slight gap that is just a little annoying:

I don't think this "problem" is unintentional. The gap is on purpose and, if anything, the "bug" is that Apple allows you to drag windows into it initially before it snaps back.

I'm guessing it happens because Apple has removed the divider line in favor of a transparent 1px divider or "gap".

MDanihy

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2014
Handoff

Unfortunately, from Beta 2 to Beta 3, hand-off has disappeared from my general settings.

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
It's still here on my rMBP and iMac.

----------

I have it too but I think it's not a gap, but a border line.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.