Apple Releases Second OS X Yosemite Public Beta, iTunes 12 Update

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 21, 2014.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today released the second Yosemite public beta for beta testers, following the release of the sixth Developer Preview earlier this week. Apple has also released a new version of iTunes 12 for Yosemite.

The software update, build 14A329r, can be downloaded through the software update function of the Mac App Store.

[​IMG]
    It's likely the new public beta bundles the content introduced in the last several developer updates, including multiple design changes added with DP 6. The last beta included new wallpapers, a new System Preferences design, a translucent dashboard, several icon updates, and more.

Apple is expected to release OS X Yosemite to the general public later this year, possibly following an October event that may also introduce both the iWatch and new iPads.

Article Link: Apple Releases Second OS X Yosemite Public Beta, iTunes 12 Update

2. macrumors 6502

Am I the only one who absolutely hates this new iTunes 12 release? I mean seriously, where is the color? It's so hopelessly boring looking...

3. macrumors 6502a

Downloading, thanks Apple! I'm going to make some benchmark, Yosemite is already MUCH FASTER than Mavericks in 3D gaming and pro Apps! Great!

4. macrumors 6502

Dilster3k

As a public beta tester... Hell yeah!

5. macrumors 6502a

In the last few dozen iTunes updates I've noticed nothing that makes it work any better or more efficiently on my PC (not iMac). It's clunky, slow and in dire need of a modern update, I doubt this is it...

6. macrumors 603

justperry

Odd, I signed up for the beta 1, installed but didn't get the last DP6 update, updated to DP6 and now I don't get this one either.

7. macrumors regular

nigelly

How stable is it? Would you put it on your Dailey driver?

8. macrumors 603

Betas and developer previews are separate tracks. If you're on the betas, you won't get developer previews. If you're on the developer previews, you won't get the beta.

Sounds like you should probably just stick to the betas.

9. macrumors 65816

thedeejay

Will download as soon as I get home :)

10. macrumors 603

justperry

It still has some UI glitches but overall it's stable.

11. macrumors 6502

ck2875

Because DP6 wasn't for Public Beta members... It was for the Developer Preview, hence the 'DP.'

12. macrumors 603

justperry

I had all the Developer Previews, just wanted to check out Beta 1.

----------

I am aware what DP is.

13. macrumors 68030

Watabou

Looks like they merged the titlebar in the new iTunes beta. I like it.

Also, does anyone know if PB2 build number == DP6 build number?

14. macrumors regular

only 4 hours to go....

15. macrumors 65816

Mike MA

No.

16. macrumors 6502

ck2875

Looks like this is build 14A329r for those wondering.

DP6 is 14A329f

17. macrumors regular

Avenged110

I feel you, but that is also very true for all of Apple's software now. All of the fun details are gone, replaced with boring shades of white. I've also realized I can't stand grids of things (albums, books, photos, etc.) that don't have a drop shadow. It just looks so hopelessly flat and broken...smh.

18. macrumors regular

I've used Pb 1 as daily driver and have had 0 issues that have affected my productivity. One or two extremely small niggles but that's it

19. macrumors regular

MrLoL

Someone please tell if Handoff works in this beta

20. justperry, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2014

macrumors 603

justperry

Downloaded iTunes 12, finished downloading but it hangs upon installing.:confused:

Edit 1: Is there a manual download on Apple's site, not installing

Edit 2: Forget it, I took a look at my updates folder in the main library, installed all the .pkg from there.

21. macrumors 6502

markosb

Actually thats not entirely correct... I had Beta one installed then went to Developer Preview 5 then 6 and Beta 2 shows up under Purchases and not Updates

22. macrumors 6502

The iCloud Drive migration is stopping me from using Yosemite on my main machines. It has been rock solid on my external HD.

23. macrumors 6502

ck2875

Assuming you mean iTunes 12... no. You could always try seeing if iTunes 11 will install over your current iTunes build and hope that Software Update wants to bring you back to 12. Other then that I have no idea.

Edit: Nevermind. Saw you updated to say you got it taken care of, so yay for that.

24. macrumors G3

charlituna

I don't care about color or lack of at this point. It's function that I'm concerned about. And there are some major function issues, especially with this search pop up. I really wish they would nix it and go back to the old way. it worked so much better.

25. macrumors 6502

Donfor39

Do not disturb returned :)

Just need iOS 8 for iphone5 hopefully soon want to try continuity to answer calls via macbook...looking forward to this feature