Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Arni99

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2011
Vienna, Austria
So this is Beta or release? I'm not seeing the update yet; Europe - NL.
Saw the 2.2.1 update before Macrumors posted it - .....am in Austria.
Check your iphones apple watch app - General/Software update
[doublepost=1463475534][/doublepost]
Lost 1% as soon as I put watch in this morning after update. Normally takes well over an hour or sometimes two, depends if I use ApplePay on the underground.
Now had it on about 90 minutes and dropped 10% already!!
Before update I would easily get 2 days.
Oh dear!!
Unplugged my watch at 07:45 a.m. this morning and now it's still showing 100% at 10:58 a.m. Running 2.2.1 on a 42mm Sport watch.

polee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
My battery life has improved by 10 percent at least. I am impressed and may not update again in case if the next iteration is buggy...

Last edited:

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2010
Lost 1% as soon as I put watch in this morning after update. Normally takes well over an hour or sometimes two, depends if I use ApplePay on the underground.
Now had it on about 90 minutes and dropped 10% already!!
Before update I would easily get 2 days.
Oh dear!!

did you re-pair the watch after the update? that seems to fix any lingering issues from the update process itself -- including battery life.

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
My battery life seems a bit better - put it on at 6:00am as usual and had a 1/2 hour run this morning (HR monitor on all time). It's now just after 5:00pm and I've got 62% left where normally it would be around 50-55% by now

TRICKorDEVICE

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2014
I am so glad I am not the only one who misses the old glance. I know a lot of people complained about the original one because "who needs a glance to see where they are", but I consistently used it to see when I needed to leave for an appointment, because of the directions aspect you mentioned, and to start the directions. Now, I have to use the calendar glance to launch the calendar and then force touch to start the directions. Not the end of the world, but the old workflow was so much better.

Lots of people feel this way. And I am one of them. It was much better before. Please leave feedback for Apple so they change it back, or come up with something new that works similar to before.

WarHeadz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2015
Long Beach, California
Not an iOS issue, but with my 6+ I sometimes have to physically bend the phone to get the touchscreen to work and remove the corruption from the top of the screen.

I guess I need to buy a stronger case so the phone can't bend at all.
:(
Hey, as a technician who fixes Apple devices daily, I've seen the symptoms you're describing on the 6+ a few times before. It's actually not related to your screen at all and stems from the logic board. Even a screen replacement wouldn't fix it. Make sure your backups are up to date because your logic board can fail on you.

thefilmexciter

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2014
Weirdly, the whole "third party apps crashing" thing has been resolved for me after this update. The Guardian, Dark Sky et al all working great now. Go figure.

agecross72

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2014
Installed it. The 'stuck recent calls' bug still persists. I was really hoping this update would fix it.

chicagofan00

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2010
100% agree - this bug REALLY defeats the whole purpose of wearing the watch. Even my Pebble Time Steel (which I had before the Apple Watch) dismissed notifications 100% of the time. Apple Watch is only dismissing around 50-75% of notifications meaning that these have to be dismissed from the phone as well?!?!

SORT. THIS. MESS. OUT. APPLE.
:rolleyes:

So far so good with the update. I've dismissed updates on the watch and they are finally dismissing on the phone once again. Hope it continues and doesn't stop working...

Reactions: Dino F

Jimmy Bubbles

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Nashville, TN
I'd also like to know this as this bug is really starting to grate. It never happened prior to the last update, and was only happening AFTER the last update.

From what I've noticed, sadly it has not fixed it. Also, I think this update may have broken my notifications on my watch to work how they originally did. Now, it's hit or miss if I get the texts on my watch before my phone. Anyone know how to troubleshoot it? So far, I've reset my watch twice and setup as new to no avail.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
From what I've noticed, sadly it has not fixed it. Also, I think this update may have broken my notifications on my watch to work how they originally did. Now, it's hit or miss if I get the texts on my watch before my phone. Anyone know how to troubleshoot it? So far, I've reset my watch twice and setup as new to no avail.

I have to disagree!! Since the recent update - my issue of dismissing notifications on the watch and they don't get dismissed from the phone, has 100% been cured for me! Every single notification I dismiss on my watch, is now indeed being dismissed from the phone (prior to the recent update, it was around 25% of notifications which were being dismissed from watch, were not being dismissed on the phone).

chicagofan00

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2010
I have to disagree!! Since the recent update - my issue of dismissing notifications on the watch and they don't get dismissed from the phone, has 100% been cured for me! Every single notification I dismiss on my watch, is now indeed being dismissed from the phone (prior to the recent update, it was around 25% of notifications which were being dismissed from watch, were not being dismissed on the phone).

Same here, the update 100% fixed my issue.

Reactions: Dino F
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.