Apple Releasing iOS 6 Beta Build 10A5316k and Safari 6 Developer Preview at WWDC?

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 10, 2012.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A post [Google translation] from the staff of Chinese forum WeiPhone.com claims to share a host of official Apple download links for tomorrow's software releases. While the links are not currently active, they include iOS 6 beta build 10A5316k for a variety of devices, as well as a developer preview of Safari 6 for OS X Lion.

The accuracy of the claim can not be confirmed given that the links are not yet pointing to the files, but clicking on the links does take users to an error page stating "Your session has expired." Altering the URLs to reference a different build number or making other changes yields an "Access denied" error message, suggesting that there is indeed something unique about the leaked URLs.

[​IMG]

A similar list of links addressing last year's downloads also leaked out just as Apple's WWDC 2011 keynote was getting underway.

Assuming that the list is accurate and complete as far as iOS 6 beta is concerned, it appears that Apple will not be including support for the original iPad in its next-generation operating system. In addition, Apple appears to be dropping support for the third-generation iPod touch.

The full list of links includes:

Third-generation iPad
    - Consumer: Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi + Cellular (GSM), WiFi + Cellular (CDMA)
    - Enterprise: Wi-Fi, WiFi + Cellular (GSM), WiFi + Cellular (CDMA)

iPad 2
    - Consumer: Wi-Fi, WiFi + 3G (GSM), WiFi + 3G (CDMA), Revised Wi-Fi
    - Enterprise: Wi-Fi, WiFi + 3G (GSM), WiFi + 3G (CDMA), Revised Wi-Fi

iPhone
    - Consumer: 4S, 4 (GSM), 4 (CDMA), 3GS
    - Enterprise: 4S, 4 (GSM), 4 (CDMA), 3GS

iPod touch
    - Consumer: 4th Generation
    - Enterprise: 4th Generation

Apple TV
    - Consumer: 2nd Generation, 3rd Generation

Other iOS
    - iOS 6 Beta Guide (PDF)
    - Installing Apple TV Software (PDF)

Safari 6
    - Consumer: Safari 6 Developer Preview for Lion, Uninstaller

It is unclear whether the leaked list is intended to cover all of Apple's software releases for tomorrow, but we would also expect a new build of OS X Mountain Lion to appear as Apple moves closer to a public release.

(Thanks to @xystudioo on sina weibo!)

Article Link: Apple Releasing iOS 6 Beta Build 10A5316k and Safari 6 Developer Preview at WWDC?

2. macrumors 6502a

jbrown

Oh good - inch by inch it's coming!!:cool:

3. macrumors 6502

Interesting to see the 3GS still there! Of course no guarantee it'll still get a final release but good to see its at least made it this far!

4. macrumors 6502

Can anybody tell me what's the difference between consumer and enterprise in this case?
    And also, if this is legit: cool that the 3GS is still supported!

5. macrumors member

I don't quite understand why the iPad 1 will not be supported. It is just as powerful as the iPhone 4.

6. macrumors regular

GoGa

So it looks like the 3GS will be getting iOS 6! Wasn't expecting that.

7. macrumors 603

Consumer and Enterprise :eek:

8. macrumors 603

Warbrain

There actually isn't that much of a difference between the 3GS, 4, and 4S. The 3GS is still a very powerful phone. Graphics is where the SoCs have improved.

But it is surprising that there isn't an original iPad in that list. Maybe it just wasn't found.

9. macrumors newbie

so apple tv will be getting iOS 6?

10. Joined:
    May 24, 2011
    Strange that the 3GS is still here, perhaps they'll drop it mid-beta, as I would have thought they'd drop all the older devices (iPod Touch 3G, iPad 1).

I would have thought come the new iPhone, they'd only want 3 out, not 4.

11. macrumors 6502

It looks like my iPod touch 3G is finally too old to get updates. I don't get it when the 3GS has a slower CPU and the rest of the specs are the same.

12. macrumors 65816

It is probably not being included because you can no longer buy the iPad 1 in stores. Everything else you can buy in stores, including the 3GS.
    I'd like to see as many devices supported as possible, but it does make sense to do it this way.

13. Joined:
    May 24, 2011
    I wonder if a new version of iTunes will be seeded, as aren't they're usually beta builds to support the new iOS and also possibly new features?

I'm thinking iTunes 10.7, but really hoping for 11.

14. macrumors 68020

The 2013 iPad should be capable of running at least iOs 7 then? Hmmm..

Looks like my iPad won't support iOs 6. Is there no way to put it on yourself?

15. macrumors 603

Warbrain

Pretty sure you're wrong. The 3GS has a 833 MHz underclocked to 600 MHz. The iPod touch 3G has the same processor.

16. macrumors newbie

Talk about reducing secrecy! We still do not have a clue what is coming with this update except new Maps app :eek:

17. macrumors 6502

this isn't official, just evidence ;)

18. macrumors 6502a

I am fairly certain that the first Gen iPad is going to be supported. I mean why wouldn't it? Just missing certain new features etc. It has almost the same specs under the hood as the iPhone 4 and thats still supported, and if a 3GS is supported :L thats like a four year old phone now

19. Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Past experience says it should no longer be supported, but unlike previous phones, the 3GS is still being sold.

20. macrumors regular

3GS will still be supported because apple still sells it. Can't say the same about the first iPad.

21. macrumors 68020

I'd like the iPad 1 to be supported. It's still a nice device and I do like the meat to the aluminium xD.

22. macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

MY HEAD IS GOING TO EXPLODE!:eek:

23. macrumors 6502

True. And keep in mind that even if iOS 6 is available for the 3GS, that does not mean all new features will be compatible as well!

24. macrumors 6502a

Stuipdboy1000

Something must be changing on Apple TV if it warrants an update. Could it actually bring apps?

25. macrumors 65816

It only has 1/2 the RAM as the iPhone 4, but it needs more RAM to run (slightly higher res screen, more sophisticated apps).

The consumer vs enterprise build is exciting... Perhaps the enterprise build will not allow users to remove the management profiles which renders the device unmanageable. Even better would be if they could be automatically replaced even if the device is wiped :)