Apple Remote Desktop

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jtalerico, Dec 6, 2005.

1. jtalerico macrumors 6502

I picked up a copy of Apple Remote Desktop from my boss and i installed it with the key and everything. But everytime I open it it just crashes.. Has anyone had this problem? Its with 10.4.

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Has your Mac ever had Apple Remote Desktop on it before? I've seen conflicts between different versions of ARD, with the solution being to find and remove all traces of the old ARD before installing the new one.

Other than that, I have not heard of the problem you describe. Nevertheless, deleting all ARD files (including preference files and any ARD file the Library -> Receipts folder) and then reinstalling it is worth a try.

3. jtalerico thread starter macrumors 6502

nope this was the frist instance of this on my mac. no idea what is going on..

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I found an old thread about uninstalling it, if you want to try again.

5. jtalerico thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay so i even remove the RD that is with the Util's? This is the first instance of ARD but i do have the RD for Mac to Pc... Should I remove that too??

6. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I suspect that you are confusing the application named "Apple Remote Desktop" (from Apple) with the application named "Remote Desktop Connection" (from Microsoft). They are separate applications. If you have Remote Desktop Connection you do not need to remove it to experiment with Apple Remote Desktop.

7. jtalerico thread starter macrumors 6502

I wonder why there are so many problems with ARD..

8. FoxyKaye macrumors 68000

FoxyKaye

San Francisco, Terre d'Ange, Bas Lag, Gallifrey
    I use ARD at home to administer my Web server. It runs fine on Tiger for me, although I seem to remember needing to update the app to like version 2.2 or something for it to work correctly with Tiger. Apple's Web site might have the update - maybe try running Software Update or checking with Apple to see where you can download it.

Good luck, though. ARD is a pretty helpful app, sorry it's not working for you...

9. jtalerico thread starter macrumors 6502

Here is the screen is the Screen i get to also..

After this the screen pops up for a split second then goes away...

Attached Files: