Apple Remote - ehhh?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iJUNKY, Feb 1, 2006.

1. iJUNKY macrumors member

i've tried searching for any related threads and didn't see any, so...

anyone know if the same apple remote can be used with both laptop AND iPod dock. Not that I have either yet, but my MBP will be here soon (hurry UP!!!!!!!) and I'll be getting a pod as well soon.

it would be pretty sh*tty to have to have 2 remotes. anyone know, or tried it?

2. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

I don't think you would need 2 remotes. I looked at the Apple store and I was pretty sure it said it would work with the iPod dock and Apple computers with an IR sensor (which the MBP has).

3. myshoeshurt macrumors regular

myshoeshurt

Yeah, good question. Can you use the same remote for a computer AND dock? What if both were in sight of the remote? Would the remote control both devices at once?

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Yes you can. And you can also pair a remote to only work with one device.

I was at the Apple section of David Jones in Sydney the other week and they had three Intel iMacs set up and a remote on a cord so no one would nick it.

I went back as far as I could and hit "Menu" - sure enough, all three Macs went into Front Row at the same time, all at different positions as each had been activated before and left in different spots. I hit a few buttons and then "Play" - a movie started on one, a song on the other and a slideshow on the third. The music was being streamed to an iPod HiFi and when it started the Apple rep nearly crapped his dacks - it was so loud!!!

Sounded nice though.

So yes, the remote will work with more than one device.