Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlexJaye

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
Texas
So I used to love the CMD+option+control+8 shortcut to toggle the screen display white/black while using my MacBook at night. I'm realizing now in ML I can't do that anymore, and I have to go all through system preferences to find the option.

It's a somewhat silly and useless feature removal such as the removal of "block pop ups" from the Safari menu. Now you have to dig through preferences for Safari to find it.

It's unfortunate Apple keeps trying to dumb down the OS... ML is great, but it's unfortunate this is occurring.

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
So I used to love the CMD+option+control+8 shortcut to toggle the screen display white/black while using my MacBook at night. I'm realizing now in ML I can't do that anymore, and I have to go all through system preferences to find the option.

It's a somewhat silly and useless feature removal such as the removal of "block pop ups" from the Safari menu. Now you have to dig through preferences for Safari to find it.

It's unfortunate Apple keeps trying to dumb down the OS... ML is great, but it's unfortunate this is occurring.

It's pretty pathetic how quick people are to accuse Apple of something without trying to get the whole picture first. There wasn't even a question on how to fix it or if you were doing something wrong. Just a rant.

stark4

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
Florida
It's pretty pathetic how quick people are to accuse Apple of something without trying to get the whole picture first. There wasn't even a question on how to fix it or if you were doing something wrong. Just a rant.

it's true but at the same time..i'm just wondering why apple disable that feature by default.

ReturnPrivacy

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2013
Apple Keeps Removing Features

Apple continues to gut OS X by removing features that are important.
This is why people are refusing to upgrade to newer versions of the OS X.
There is no logical reason for Apple to keep removing important features from OS X, such as Spaces, other than to dumb it down to make it more in line with the idiotic iOS garbage. Apple is trying to "force" us all to move to their "stupid" iOS platform, which is all about control. OS X was such a breath of fresh air when it came out, because it gave us the ability to actually do things on our computers that Windows refused to do. That is the whole idea, for us to "use" our computers, not be in a "control-freak" system that iOS does. Everything is locked in iOS, and it is all by Apple's control. Sorry, but if Apple won't FIX OS X, and give us back the features we need, then we will leave Apple just as fast as we left Microsoft windows! Ubuntu Linux is looking better and better. iOS on a touch tablet (ipad) just doesn't cut it, we want a REAL computer!

topreviewz

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2015
Hyderabad
Has Lenovo Sisley S90 same IPhone 6 model

;)Has Lenovo Sisley S90 same IPhone 6 model

Attachments

• Lenovo S90 Price hands on Review.jpg
    Lenovo S90 Price hands on Review.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 172

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
Apple continues to gut OS X by removing features that are important.
This is why people are refusing to upgrade to newer versions of the OS X.
There is no logical reason for Apple to keep removing important features from OS X, such as Spaces, other than to dumb it down to make it more in line with the idiotic iOS garbage. Apple is trying to "force" us all to move to their "stupid" iOS platform, which is all about control. OS X was such a breath of fresh air when it came out, because it gave us the ability to actually do things on our computers that Windows refused to do. That is the whole idea, for us to "use" our computers, not be in a "control-freak" system that iOS does. Everything is locked in iOS, and it is all by Apple's control. Sorry, but if Apple won't FIX OS X, and give us back the features we need, then we will leave Apple just as fast as we left Microsoft windows! Ubuntu Linux is looking better and better. iOS on a touch tablet (ipad) just doesn't cut it, we want a REAL computer!

Spaces is still there, it's called Mission Control.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.