Apple repair center wait time

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by splacid, Sep 5, 2004.

1. macrumors newbie

Aug 17, 2004
    I have a 15-inch PowerBook G4 that is having logic board issues. The startup chime is intermittent and the computer does not recognize one of my two 256MB SDRAM SODIMMs (despite a memory chip swap-out by a Genius at an Apple store to make sure it wasn't bad RAM.)

It looks like I have to send it in for servicing, and luckily I bought AppleCare with it. Does anyone know roughly how long it takes to get something like this repaired? I've never sent any Apple hardware in for servicing and I don't have any other computers.
  2. macrumors newbie

Aug 4, 2004
    My PB 1.5ghz Superdrive was having logic board issues as well. The sound would freak out and the LED sleep light would flicker and it would kernel panic...SO I took it to an Apple Store in los angeles and they sent it away the next day. That has been over a week ago and the service repair center is still waiting on the logic board to come in. I am pretty dissapointed with the speed of the service. It is taking a long time and I am losing out on school work because it is taking longer than they said it would.

The powerbook was only two weeks old when all this happened and i am not too happy with Apple thus far. Here is to hoping that my powerbook comes back soon.

I wouldn't send it in until you don't need it for at least 2 weeks.

3. 7on
    macrumors 601

Nov 9, 2003
    Dress Rosa
    2weeks to 1.5 weeks is my guess. Though I'd have had mine in 1 week if the lame brains at the repair center would have did what I asked them to (sending my pb to me rather than back to the store).
  4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 17, 2004
    Sweet, thanks guys. Hopefully it'll get repaired sooner rather than later.