Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robertosh

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 2, 2011
Switzerland
I don't know why but Apple repaired my 6's screen at no cost !!!, only charging me the shipping (12€). The phone fell down by accident over cement and the screen glass was totally cracked. I told that to an Apple support agent and she told me that the repair was not covered by guarantee and the cost would be between 120€ and 280€. I sent the Phone and after 3 days they return it to me with just a note saying that they charged me a unspecific amount of money in my credit card, and that they will send me the invoice 10 days later by postal mail. This annoyed me a little cause they never say the exact amount. I check everyday my bank account and i only saw a 12€ charge.

After 10 days, I received the invoice which specifies only the shipping cost. It was more than a month ago, so i don't expect that they charge me anything more.

I'm really happy about saving the repair, have you any experience like this?

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
no.. maybe because it was under a 1 year warranty still, my only reason i would believe.

Apple usually are good at stuff like that.... They lay out the rules and products which are covered and exempted, but they may not always stick to them in all cases depending on the circumstances.

You can't say that about Dell. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.