Apple Retail Store Hours

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by zelmo, Jul 19, 2005.

1. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Increasing by 46% from 62 hours to 90 hours per week?

Searched, but I didn't see a thread on this yet.

2. Flying Llama macrumors 6502a

Flying Llama

That would be great, I hate it when stores close early, what, are they afraid of making money? And the apple store is always busy.

llama :)

3. TexasMac macrumors member

I have never had a problem with the Apple Store hours, but if they opened at 7 AM I could go by before work if I needed to instead of on my lunch break.

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Having the Genius Bar open later would be the best thing about this. It's always packed and the appointments run out before 10am. Having the option as they do in NYC to drop something off on the way to work would be good.

5. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Can stores located in malls (which are most of Apple's) set their own hours? I always thought stores had to conform to mall hours. I can't believe most mall owners would allow Apple to open hours before the mall opens and close hours after it does. Who pays for the increased staff needed?

6. acedickson macrumors 6502a

acedickson

I don't believe this applies to stores within malls. I think it's the Apple stores in strip malls and the like.

7. zelmo thread starter macrumors 603

zelmo

Many of the malls in my area are already open to the public from 6.00a through 11.00p. A lot of folks use them as walking tracks during inclement or unfavorable weather, so they already have mall security on duty. I'm not sure having an Apple store open for business is going to generate so much extra foot traffic that additional folks will be required.