Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Flying Llama

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
Los Angeles
That would be great, I hate it when stores close early, what, are they afraid of making money? And the apple store is always busy.

llama :)

TexasMac

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2005
Texas
I have never had a problem with the Apple Store hours, but if they opened at 7 AM I could go by before work if I needed to instead of on my lunch break.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Can stores located in malls (which are most of Apple's) set their own hours? I always thought stores had to conform to mall hours. I can't believe most mall owners would allow Apple to open hours before the mall opens and close hours after it does. Who pays for the increased staff needed?

acedickson

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2004
ATL
I don't believe this applies to stores within malls. I think it's the Apple stores in strip malls and the like.

zelmo

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
rdowns said:
Can stores located in malls (which are most of Apple's) set their own hours? I always thought stores had to conform to mall hours. I can't believe most mall owners would allow Apple to open hours before the mall opens and close hours after it does. Who pays for the increased staff needed?

Many of the malls in my area are already open to the public from 6.00a through 11.00p. A lot of folks use them as walking tracks during inclement or unfavorable weather, so they already have mall security on duty. I'm not sure having an Apple store open for business is going to generate so much extra foot traffic that additional folks will be required.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.