Apple retail store- pay with 2 cards?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by admanimal, Aug 18, 2006.

1. admanimal macrumors 68040

This may be a dumb question, but I don't use credit cards much so I'm not that familiar: is it possible to pay with 2 credit cards at an Apple retail store like you can in the online store?

2. kbonnel macrumors 6502

Funny you should mention that. When I bought my Mac Pro a week ago, they asked if I was paying with multiple cards. I don't know why they asked, maybe I still look like some poor college student?

Kimo

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

you can pay however you want. One of my friends paid for part in cash, part in check, the rest credit. I think the salesperson was kind of annoyed with him.

They probably asked if you were paying with 2 cards because some cards have low(er) limits than others, especially if you are young with not a lot of credit...or if you look young :)

4. NeoMac macrumors regular

NeoMac

Yes you can pay with multiple cards. Did it recently.

5. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

They ask if you want to pay in multiple cards because the mac pro is so expensive :D

6. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

yup shouldn't be a problem, most stores can divide up your purchase however you choose. And when it comes to thousand dollar purchases it shouldn't be uncommon.

7. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

Why are putting the computers on credit? Save up and pay cash. You'll save a ton of money that way.

8. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Actually, if you use your credit cards properly (i.e. never carry a balance), it's actually cheaper to pay with a credit card (assuming you get rewards).

9. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Think my next purchase will be paid for: part cheque, part credit, part debit, a bit of cash, and a smile. :)

10. FullmetalZ26 macrumors regular

I asked this question when I was getting ready to purchase a MacBook, and the phone rep said they can split the payment up eight ways in the store. Fortunately, the total was just under my credit limit, and I had a boatload of cash saved up from the last year ready to pay it off :cool:

11. LastBreath macrumors member

LastBreath

12. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

This is good to know, as I wanted to pay for half of my macbook in cash and charge the rest (much like making a down payment).

13. MS bulldog macrumors regular

i guess playing with 2 snakes increases your chances.:)

14. tarjan macrumors regular

DO NOT USE MULTIPLE CARDS. If you do you lose your buyer protection and warrantee that comes with the cards. Read the documentation that comes with your cards for the rules around purchasing, the ENTIRE purchase must be done with the card.

If you have cash, send it to the CC to put in your account. If you don't have the credit line, work on getting better credit or ask your CC company for a limit raise.