Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

wwdc_store_promo_materials.jpg

9 to 5 Mac reports that Apple's retail stores are receiving shipments of new promotional materials that are set to remain sealed until Tuesday, suggesting that Apple will indeed have something new to show off in its stores following its Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) keynote on Monday.

Whether the promotional materials are for new software and services such as Mac OS X Lion and iCloud or for hardware products such as new AirPort and Time Capsule base stations is unknown.

Article Link: Apple Retail Stores Receiving New Promotional Materials Ahead of WWDC

SuprUsrStan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
Damn it. I bet you that's the new time capsule.

I just bought one several weeks ago :(

Project

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2005
I highly doubt Apple will be using window merchandise for the Time Capsule mate.

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2010
here and there but not over there
doesn't suggest anything ... might be just some promotional material about iCloud - I would assume iCloud to be available right away (and still hoping for Lion ... but I don't think they seeded a GM build yet)

Don Kosak

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2010
Hilo, Hawaii
The window stickers are just as likely to be promoting a service from Apple - like iCloud. There might not be physical merchandise involved. It makes sense to sell an iCloud package when people are buying and iPod/iPad/iPhone (or even Mac...)

I'm withholding judgment on iCloud until I hear the details. Given how portable my library is right now, an Amazon Cloudplayer-like service isn't that interesting to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.