Apple return policy?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by gangst, Dec 15, 2005.

1. gangst macrumors 6502a

Hi,

Just wondering is it possible to return an ACD that I've had for 4 days even though I no longer have the packaging? What are Apple's termsand conditions on this sought of thing, becaus the monitor has a fault which is Apple's but I no longer have the packaging but only the original receipt. Also I ordered it off the Apple online store, is it possible for me to take it to a Apple store and get it exchanged in store as that would be much quicker and easier for me.

Thanks alot fo any help.

2. Maclomaniac macrumors member

Although it has happened before, you can't really return something you bought from Apple online to an Apple retail store. The retail stores and online store are not connected. This is especially true since it's open and you don't have the packaging, because it would have to be sent somewhere to be repackaged. It messes up their inventory systems since it wasn't their product to begin with. It's kind of like buying an Apple product at CompUSA and trying to return it to an Apple retail store. I say it's happened before because I've seen really angry people at an Apple store be able to get a store credit, but usually only if they Apple store can resell it without difficulty (in original packaging and in perfect condition).

As far as sending it back opened to the online store, they will try to charge you a restocking fee. If you call and make a big fuss, especially since it's because because of a problem they had, they might take remove the restocking fee. But you will have to pay for shipping. The best thing for you to do it call Customer Service and explain nicely your issue and see what they say. Since it's only been 4 days, they should definitely take it back, even if they do charge the restocking fee (back when I worked at an Apple retail store, it was 10% so I assume it's still that).