Apple rocks

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Powerbook G5, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I just had to voice my happiness with Apple. I went to check my status today because last week they emailed saying there was a huge demand for the 15" PowerBook and since mine was a BTO, it might take a few days extra. Well, not only did they ship it, but it is shipping a day early and they also upgraded my shipping to priority airborne! I chose standard UPS ground since it was free, but I just got the tracking number this morning for airborne so it looks like it will be coming even earlier than I had planned! So yeah, I just wanted to say that Apple rocks in my book.

2. KBFinFan macrumors 6502

Thanks for the post, reminded me to check my email too... and oh look mine shipped today as well!!!!

Awesome Apple!

3. Powerbook G5 thread starter macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

That's great news. I was worried it might slip to a later date, but according to the status page, it says two day shipping, so it might possibly get here by Wednesday or Thursday (depending on how slow my college is at processing and sending my package slip). I was all worried that it might not get here until the following Tuesday, so either way, I am happy. Let's hope others find their orders just as easily. It's a nice change from the usual delays that usually plague new Apple products after release.

4. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

Apple has a tendency to do that. Some things piss people off like the G5 shipping issues. But then they randomly do really cool stuff or give superb service and it makes people wonder why they ever had their doubts.

5. KBFinFan macrumors 6502

Here's a concern: I paid for 2 day shipping from the Apple store online.. it was $20 so I figured what the heck. However, with my Airborne tracking number it says GROUND. Not very happy.. I may call Airborne first to confirm then call Apple to get my $20 back..

Also.. PowerbookG5- you'll know when it is delivered at your school via the tracking number. Just demand *nicely* that you know there is a package for you of some value and I am sure they will understand...that's what I am planning to do (but my school is usually pretty good)

Edit: spelling error

6. Powerbook G5 thread starter macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

That's what I did when my .Mac order came in. The UPS tracking page said it was delivered and signed for but they said they never got it. I looked over and saw a box with a black Apple logo and pointed to it and they finally found it for me a day later. That wasn't as bad since I don't have OS X to run it on, but with my PowerBook I will be waiting there right after class until they open ready to rip open the box and hug the black and silver PowerBook box (damn, can't you tell I've been really waiting for this?). As far as the shipping charge, I hope you do get that back. It was an extra $15 to do it 2 day air but I figured after spending $2700, I should just quit before the credit card cried. Either way, I am more than happy that Apple is working their magic with the PowerBook crowd if they are indeed trying to make up for the PowerMac shipping problems.

7. KBFinFan macrumors 6502

Here's what I think is happening..

When checking shipping from Taiwan (is that where they are coming from) to USA it's 2 business days..

So, I am thinking I am just in a speedy shipping zone, and that the 2-3 shipping was useless. Knowing this Apple just gave me Ground to save a few bucks? I don't want to get mad at Apple this early.. but still it warrants a call.

Thanks guys!

8. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Just watch out for Customs Delays. My iPod has been in customs for like 5 days. Airborne/DHL still shows it as picked up from 9-17. I called and they said its probabily in Customs, but really 5 days... Damn Homeland Security Departmens, and their stupid, lest not run things through in an orderly fashion. Its the curse of the iMac all over again.

Next time, I have it shipped to Canada, at least Canadian Customs is reasonable when it comes to inspections.

TEG

9. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

You guys are lucky, I ordered Microsoft Office V.X Academic and .Mac on one Order, and 12" Powerbook 1ghz.

The software was shipped on the 6th September; because they are under £250 they would take 9 days to come through, fair enough. Well both items have been sitting In Luxembourg since the 11th September with no activity since, I wouldn't be suprised if they have lost my products. I contacted them My e-mail and they said they would investigate, I phoned them up today and have been trieing to get through for 50 minutes, nothing..

My Powerbook was changed from 867mhz to 1ghz so I am happy about this. It doesn't look as if I will not receive anything before I go to University this sunday, after that no one is going to be at home to sign for the order because my mum works full time.

Apple if you are listening All I want to do is Switch!

10. joeyjojoe macrumors regular

Yeah my powerbook shipped last night also. The packages are coming from California (or at least it says that on my tracking information). I don't know how long its going to take or if they even upgraded. To be honest I think they downgraded the service since its coming early anyway. Other stuff was shipped to me FedEX Ground (2 days) but I think Airborne Ground will take longer (funny name).

11. Powerbook G5 thread starter macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Yeah I don't see how it will come from out of country. My other stuff from my order came last week from TN and CA, both from Apple. I imagine the PowerBooks are also shipping from CA or somewhere in country, as well. It'd be weird if they shipped it directly from Taiwan or wherever these are made.

[edit]: I just checked the tracking number and it was shipped out today from Franklin Park, Illinois and is secheduled as a second day delivery. :)

12. KBFinFan macrumors 6502

I just called and Airborne said scheduled delivery is Wednesday for me (NY state). Then I called to moan to Apple about ground shipping when I paid for 2-3 day and I got aggrivated after being on hold and hung up...

13. Powerbook G5 thread starter macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I'm sorry to hear that, but at least you know it's coming in two days.

14. joeyjojoe macrumors regular

I didn't pay for shipping, so I have no right to complain. I called Airborne because their website says it has not information about my package. The guy at Airborne said that he also has no information because the package is in transit, and the earliest their database is updated is 24-48 from pickup. My problem is that I live in southern California, so the ground shipping should only take a day ... whats the point of a tracking number then? Then the guy told me the ETA on the package is Wednesday. It makes no sense to me, but maybe Apple got a better deal if it gets sent slowly.

15. Powerbook G5 thread starter macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I'm not sure. Mine is being shipped out of Illinois and sent to Florida, and it says next day so I am hoping to go to the mailroom and see a sexy Apple box waiting for me. If not, then Wednesday will be the day.

16. KBFinFan macrumors 6502

Ya, Airborne clearly lacks a good tracking system like UPS. My iPod which is scheduled for delivery tomorrow says it was in China on 9/19 and that's the extent of the tracking...

Now, UPS they are good w/ tracking.. my Brain Cell is in KY right now..