Apple Rolling Out New iTunes Gift Cards With Flexible Load Amounts From $15-$500

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 30, 2012.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple will soon allow customers to custom load their iTunes Gift Cards for any amount between $15 and $500, according to a report by 9to5Mac.

Apple has long offered flexible loading onto its Apple Store gift cards, but has resisted offering that on its iTunes cards. It's possible the company didn't feel the need to set up the infrastructure necessary for stores to report custom load amounts on its iTunes Gift Cards. Apple also still requires set amounts to be applied to iTunes Gift Certificates purchased through the iTunes Store itself. Regardless, it should be a welcome change.

[​IMG]
    Previously, iTunes Gift Cards could only be purchased in increments of $15, $25, $50, or $100. Apple does sell multi-packs consisting of 4 $10 or $25 cards.

Purchasing iTunes Gift Cards at discount stores like Sam's Club can sometimes allow customers to save money on iTunes and App Store purchases.

Article Link: Apple Rolling Out New iTunes Gift Cards With Flexible Load Amounts From $15-$500

2. macrumors regular

xxgilxx

I'll take a a couple of $500.00 ones please...Saaantaa!

3. macrumors regular

The apple store near me (Northshore) has had this for over a month if not three. I'm not sure why this is new. And I don't mean the apple store gift cards, I do mean the iTunes ones

4. macrumors newbie

This has been available in my local WH Smiths (Jersey, Channel Islands, UK) for about a year.

5. macrumors 601

Prof.

My store has had these gift cards since the beginning of the school year (Late august). This isn't really "News".

6. macrumors 6502a

This isn't new my store had these at least three months ago.

7. macrumors member

uhm, I've been buying these at Ralphs supermarket and CVS stores for two years now.

A little late to the party, MacRumors

8. macrumors 65816

Battlefield Fan

I've seen iTunes cards that could have something like $15-$250. I even bought one for my gf. This is nothing new.

9. macrumors 65816

lunaoso

Yup same here. Been selling those at my local CVS for at least a year now.

10. macrumors regular

Hate to break it to ya man but santas not real... Sad, I know. :/

11. macrumors G3

charlituna

Yep, these have been in the stores in LA since the iPhone 5 launch if not more

12. macrumors member

You betta watch yo mouth! Santa is real.

13. macrumors 6502

Nothing new about this. We have had it in German Apple Stores for several months.

14. macrumors regular

15. macrumors regular

These have been out for a loooooooong time. I have 3 of them. ^_^

16. macrumors 604

Funny, because you'd think that Apple would want people to buy more iTunes credit than they need.

17. macrumors regular

No, no, no, Satan is real. :D

18. macrumors 6502

Same. I've seen them in the orange package for months.

19. macrumors 68030

Spink10

lol @ the first several posts - stopped reading after that.

20. macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

I've only spent $35 from a $50 I got for Christmas last year... At this rate, a $500 would keep me good for about 12 years.

21. macrumors newbie

This will be nice for giving gifts

Whenever I have purchased iTunes gift cards as gifts, it is hard because you are locked in to set amounts. It will be nice to customize this.

22. macrumors regular

I like the prepaid cards that already have dollar values assigned to them. Every couple of months, Target will put them on sale, and you can get 5% more off if using a store credit/debit card to pay. They don't, however, put the flexible amount cards on sale. I hope apple doesn't do away with these fixed amount cards...

23. macrumors newbie

So for my sisters birthday, I went to buy her an iTunes gift card. I went to my local CVS because they were the closest place I could think of, and they had these cards that you could load with anything between $15 and (I can't remember what/ if there was a maximum)
    This was last March.

24. macrumors 68040

the8thark

What does this mean for stores discounting iTunes cards? Will that stop now?
    I've never seen the variable amount iTunes cards in Australia.