Apple Rounds Up 'Top Sellers' and 'Best of' iTunes 2009

Discussion in ' News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 8, 2009.

1. macrumors bot

Apr 12, 2001

Apple has featured a new list of songs, TV shows, movies, audiobooks, podcasts and apps in what is being called the iTunes Rewind 2009. This list is a compilation of what they consider the "Best of 2009" in each category as well as a list of the top sellers for the year. Some of the top sellers include Boom Boom Pow (song), Only By the Night by Kings of Leon (album), Twilight (2008) (movie), and Mad Men, Season 3 (TV season).

Of course, Apple also has a sizable App Store listing with a breakdown into traditional applications and games. Amongst the top selling apps were The Sims 3 and Mobile Navigator North America, while the best apps included Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor and Reel Director.

The full list of items can be see in iTunes [link]. Exact items on the lists seem to be country specific.

Article Link: Apple Rounds Up 'Top Sellers' and 'Best of' iTunes 2009
  2. macrumors regular

Mar 18, 2008
  3. macrumors G4

Feb 5, 2009
    The i and the n in particular.
  4. macrumors newbie

Sep 15, 2009
  5. zim
    macrumors 65816

Jan 5, 2002
    is it bad kerning or an intentional marketing gimmick... the win of rewind have a vibration to them, cased by either poor letter spacing, poor compression or maybe an intentional blur... I think they are really saying iTunes win ;)
  6. macrumors 68000

Jun 21, 2007
    On The Interweb Thingy!
    I think it says...."we let our intern do this one"
  7. macrumors 603

Sep 19, 2003
    Canada, eh?
    Boom Boom Pow? Twilight? Those were among the best?!

OK, I'm officially out of touch with pop culture then. :eek:
  8. macrumors member

Jul 27, 2009
    That series of "lists" is a complete and utter joke.

They're not even trying.
  9. macrumors newbie

Aug 9, 2009
    I wish to speak this 'list maker'.... its like a rainbow and the pot of gold. :D
  10. macrumors newbie

Sep 15, 2008
    The kerning just gets worse. In fact entire words are overlapping and are being hidden (Corrupt Pagemaker files used to do this).

The tag line should actually read:

"The Best Sellers of the Year As Determined By Our Accountants Who Never Watch Movies, Never Listen To Music, And Never Leave Their Cubicle In Music, ..."
  11. slu
    macrumors 68000

Sep 15, 2004
    Unless Apple sponsored this post, this doesn't even deserve Page 2 placement.
  12. macrumors regular

Jun 2, 2008
    Yes! But I wish they would expand this feature and make it permanent. We should be able to see the top selling apps/movies/music for each month, and then another cumulative list for the year.

If someone is new to the app store/iPhone, they currently need to rely on the top selling apps of the day to find a good one. But, some apps which have been here since the beginning are great too. But, these are most likey approaching market saturation, and are therefore no longer in the top 100 each day or even this year.
  13. macrumors 68020

Aug 28, 2009
    Hmmm, I suspect the UK iTMS has a very strong BBC bias.