Apple Ruggedness PUT TO THE TEST! AND SURVIVED!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by the_mole1314, Feb 16, 2004.

1. the_mole1314 macrumors 6502a

What's the scarriest thing today? Was it the missed deadlines? Nope. Getting cut off driving to school? Nu-uh. It's the fact that my expensive iPod In-Ear headphones survived the wrath of a washing machine, and lived to tell the tale. The sound a little wierd right now, but I think they'll get better. The bass response is less than before, but they still sound ok.

Any other Apple horror stories of products that went from hell and back?

2. carbonmotion macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

Re: Apple Ruggedness PUT TO THE TEST! AND SURVIVED!

My Apple Powerbook RIP. I used to have a 667 Powerbook Ti and one day during a camping trip I threw it out of the window of a pick up. accidentally. It survived that... the pick up was traveling across a sandy road at 35 mph. Perfect condition. Nothing broken save alot of nasty scratchs... I was like hell ya. Two month later, it was nabbed by criminals....theives....

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I got hit by lighting twice through my cable provider. one time the lighting was right outsude and after the CRASH i could hear my computer frying. $25 dollar ethernet card from asanti and i was back in business. still love this quicksilver. thats my only horror story

4. carbonmotion macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

I was in beiruit doing a photo shoot with my ibook and i got sniped five times... that ibook saved my life..... No actually, I just made that up.

5. dukemeiser macrumors 6502a

dukemeiser

How do you accidently throw a powerbook out a window?...

I spilled grape juice all over the top of my iBook. And stupid me, right after it happened I turned it on to see if it was ok! Of course powering it up fried it. Luckily I was insured.

Learn from my mistake people. If you spill liquid on your computer, don't turn it on. Let it dry out before you turn it on.

6. carbonmotion macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

how do you throw a powerbook out a window? well here is the whole story...me my girl friend my two friends were in the pick up truck right????? we're driving down a beach back to the cabin.....so I am using my ti book to edit some pictures and my girl friend flicks me behind the ear... I throw a bottle of water on her but i miss and hit the other two guys with ice old water... they get mad and busted out their airsoft guns and started to shoot me ...that was when i close my ti book and tired to shield my self...remember the windows were rolled down... ok a bebe hits the driver and the truck fish tails on the sandy beach at which point i let go of my ti book and it flys out the window.