Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nadavnaz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
- Got my phone's shattered screen fixed at the new Apple Store in Brooklyn.

- Put on screen protector and case I bought in advance real quick.

- Tried registering Touch ID to discover it's now saying Failed on the Touch ID setup.

- Software wipe on device/DFU Restore both don't fix this.

I've failed to find anything about this online in forums. I'm very surprised that Apple would let out my phone without testing Touch ID to be working. The least they can do is to put on a new screen protector for free if they have to remove my brand new one.

I was mostly wondering, has this ever happened to you? Have you read or heard about this happening to someone?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    40 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
- Got my phone's shattered screen fixed at the new Apple Store in Brooklyn.

- Put on screen protector and case I bought in advance real quick.

- Tried registering Touch ID to discover it's now saying Failed on the Touch ID setup.

- Software wipe on device/DFU Restore both don't fix this.

I've failed to find anything about this online in forums. I'm very surprised that Apple would let out my phone without testing Touch ID to be working. The least they can do is to put on a new screen protector for free if they have to remove my brand new one.

I was mostly wondering, has this ever happened to you? Have you read or heard about this happening to someone?
The cables not seated correctly. It's a two minute job just go back.

nadavnaz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
They gave me a new phone and a screen protector for free to replace mine. Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.