Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vniow

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
For now.

Intel's doing it. Advanced Micro Devices is doing it. Microsoft is doing it.

Apple Computer isn't.

What's Apple not doing? It's not -- at least so far -- moving toward an anti-customer embrace with Hollywood's movie studios and the other members of the powerful entertainment cartel.

I wonder though, since they're used so much n the entertainment industry if they can hold out against DRM in the future.:(

click me

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
that must mean apple's against palladium (aka policeware)...if apple went for that, then theydd have to remove the ipod from their website probably...

Pepzhez

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2002
But isn't it strange that Disk Copy in OS 10.2 refuses to recognize audio CDs? Is this a bug or is it an indication of a more sinister development?

alex_ant

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2002
All up in your bidness
Originally posted by Pepzhez
But isn't it strange that Disk Copy in OS 10.2 refuses to recognize audio CDs? Is this a bug or is it an indication of a more sinister development?
I haven't tried it, but are you sure it's supposed to? I thought all the CD ripping/burning stuff had to be handled in iTunes. There's no filesystem on audio CDs, so maybe that's why Disk Copy can't read them.

job

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2002
in transit
Originally posted by alex_ant

I thought all the CD ripping/burning stuff had to be handled in iTunes. There's no filesystem on audio CDs, so maybe that's why Disk Copy can't read them.

That's what I thought.

I remember in 9, Toast 4.1.2 got messed up by iTunes. Toast no longer recognized my CD-RW drive.

So I think alex may be on to something here...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.