Apple Scratched my Ibook!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by ezri, May 22, 2003.

1. ezri macrumors newbie

Mar 6, 2003
    I had brought in my week old ibook to a repair center because the HD was making this grinding noise ad nauseum and it was just driving me nuts. The place I went to said they would send it to apple and ten days later I go in to pick it up. At first glance it seemed fine, but then I decided to check it out and make sure the HD problem was gone. Before I even did that I saw that on the top of my brand new ibook were huge scratches and some writing. Actually, it looks like the repair tech had used my ibook as a hard surface to do his paperwork because the name of the repair center was clearly engraved into the top. The repair center promised to send it back to get the casing replaced, so now I'm without my baby for another week. I was just horrified that Apple would be so careless with the casing, since everybody knows these computers scratch easily. This is my first mac and I don't want it to be my last. We shall see . . .
  2. ZenPirate macrumors newbie

May 21, 2003
    my iBook had a defective display cable right out of the factory shipping box ( I bought in January this year). I came back from the Apple repair center all scratched to hell, with a brand new lcd display (also scratched). I was kind upset that I didn't get to break it in myself.
  3. King Cobra macrumors 603

Mar 2, 2002
    I can bet you that the d**k, who unfinished your computer cover, will be fired very soon, if not, kicked in the ass hard by a higher position employee. :rolleyes:

That's the first time I've heard anything anywhere near that senario.

Well luckily you have Applecare to cover what you had done for Applecare. [​IMG]
  4. ibookin' macrumors 65816

Jul 7, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Not me, I had my old iBook 500 scratched by AppleCare twice. :mad: More like AppleCareless. But they gave me a new machine since then, so it's all good. :D
  5. Raiwong macrumors member

Apr 7, 2003
    So did I, my display had 200 stuck pixels I sent in for a repair of 1 week, when it came back the display was cracked and scratched, and the front panel had large scratches over. I got so angry that I shouted in an apple store until they gave me a brand new 800mhz 12"
  6. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Sep 22, 2002
    New York
    I have no idea why AppleCare is such a problem. I always thought that Apple had a pretty bad customer service department for when you call up within the first 90 days, but if you bought AppleCare, everything magically got better. It's simply not true.
  7. mateft macrumors member

May 22, 2003
    this is a worse problem with Tibooks. believe me. Luckly i got money for my damage.
  8. mrjamin macrumors 65816

Feb 6, 2003
    Yup - had the same thing myself... twice.

After the first repair, the metal bit that surrounds my iBook was coming away from the bit just above the battery rather severely.