apple screwing me out of ipod !!!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Gokhan, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Gokhan macrumors 6502a

Oct 7, 2003

i purchased a new ibook on the 28th of october from apple with a 12% edu discount , when i asked the sales person whether i could combine this with the cram and jam offer in the uk (130 pounds refund on a ipod when u purchase it with ibook or powerbook)

i was told no it was one offer or the other !!

so i chose just the ibook 660

so know through a freind who combined both offers and got a ibook same as me for 660 plus 70 for ipod seen as u get 130 back he paid a toal 730 bargain !

i find i could have done what i wanted but was misinformed so chose just the ibook because i was told 860 for both not 730 which is what i would have paid after offer discount !!!! arrrggghhh

so i phoned apple and spoke to the guy i brought from , he said he did offer it to me but i said i did not take it up i said i would never ever turn down an ipod for an extra 70 pounds.

so i spoke with supervisior number 1 who said he listened to my tel conv and thought it was my fault !!!!

but he had listened to tel conv num 2 seen as i had to re-order because of payment mishap on apple part.

so i spoke to another supervisor who tracked call number one placed before promotional offer expired !

he is gonna let me know who's at fault tommorow ?

fingers crossed i hope they come thru for me but i am not getting my hopes up the way i was dealt with today !!!!

so if **** hits the fan am gonna send ibook back and demand a full refund beacuse i am soooo unhappy ):

what do u think i should do ????????

p.s sorry long story
  2. efoto macrumors 68030

Nov 16, 2004
    Cloud 9 (-6)
    You may have been cut a raw deal here and whoever is at 'fault' for this found tomorrow doesn't really matter. If the supervisor values your business, he might just give you the deal anyway. If he doesn't care, assuming even if you do return your iBook there is no direct competition to Mac, so he might realize your just going to come right back. Who knows, let us know what happens.
  3. jimsowden macrumors 68000

Sep 6, 2003
    Buyer Beware. They should tell you, but prevention from being screwed is your job.
  4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

May 19, 2002
  5. Gokhan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oct 7, 2003
    and yes i have been screwed appartnley buyer beware beacause apple will only comunicate what they want to , so supervisor tells me no ipod cause i turned down a quote of 860 which was the offer but no one mentioned i got 130 back from that quote so i declined !!!!!!!

they should have made my final price after rebate clear !!!

so i should have researched more !!!

gonna go to head office about this is not fair ):

be carefull be very carefull

but **** them they could have made a exception but no so no 70 pound extra for them then !!!

it has brought me to the point where i will buy no more apple products !