Apple screws people over

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by nyli2, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors newbie

The new ipad mini is only half great. There is NO reason apple could not of made it as fast as the iphone 5 and with a better screen:mad:

2. macrumors G3

While Apple could have made it better, they have not screwed anyone over.

3. macrumors regular

4. macrumors 68020

Except cost and profit margin.

Oh, and yes. Big multi-billion dollar companies always screw people over - any company, in fact. The 'good companies' all go bankrupt (they fail to play the game).

5. macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

Things tend to cost less as more effective and efficient ways of manufacturing become available.

As for the original idea, they are not screwing anyone over. If you want apple to put all of the suggested technology into a 7" tablet, the battery life will go down, and people will complain about that. The iPad Mini isn't supposed to be their "pro" tablet- it's more of an inexpensive way for people to get an iPad.

6. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

Agreed. The specs are well known. They are offering a product for sale. It is up to the customer to decide whether or not that product meets their needs. Apple isn't holding a gun to anyone's head and forcing them to buy an iPad mini.

7. macrumors regular

I played with one for a few minutes at Best Buy. I thought it was pretty snappy. I didn't see any lag whereas my Nexus 7 often does. I'll have to test some more, but I also thought the screen was good (not excellent but good according to my tired, old eyes). :D

8. macrumors 604

ZBoater

Really? :confused: No reason? Cost is a reason.

9. macrumors 6502

They could have added retina and a faster chip, but they didn't because they are about profits. Apple didn't screw anyone over. No one is forcing you to buy an iPad mini either.

However, Apple needs to beef up their quality control.

10. macrumors 65816

aerok

They didn't screw anyone, the device is fine for what it is. I just bought one as a gift and I know the recipient will be extremely happy.

If you don't like, just don't buy it. It is a non-essential product...

11. macrumors member

Jeep screwed me over because they don't sell a Wrangler with an 8-cycliner engine.

Starbucks screws me over because they don't offer eggnog lattes year-round.

12. macrumors demi-god

entatlrg

This forum has become 'MacRant'

13. macrumors 65816

aerok

People love ranting on forums, this hasn't changed.

14. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Here is a thought, don't buy it. Why push a product with all the bells and whistles if you're not sure it will succeed? This angry ******** is stupid. Tell Apple with your wallet because bitching on a forum is pointless.

15. macrumors 68000

Really? And you know this because you are the head of the Apple engineering departmment? :rolleyes:

16. macrumors 68000

Medic311

i find it difficult to take seriously anyone who creates a thread with a 2 sentence rant.

17. Guest

falconeight

The 16gb iphone 5 is $699 the ipad mini is $329. I don't see the correlation or apple screwing people over.

18. macrumors 6502a

SlasherDuff

I have never been screwed over by Apple, simply because i chose to buy their products. And their products have always been consistantly good for my use as a consumer

19. macrumors demi-god

Retina screen? Not even likely next year, says AnandTech.

20. macrumors regular

Don't you know that if you make money now, especially in the USA, you are an evil, elitist villain?

21. macrumors 65816

"McWhine" may be more appropriate. :D

22. macrumors newbie

You know, you are so right! Why don't you fix them and buy some other product? Or better yet start your own company and show Apple how to do it right!! Check back next year and let us know how it went. ;)

23. macrumors regular

Why should they? And it would cannibalize sales for iPad 4 anyway.

It's selling like mad now and it will sell like mad again when they bump up the specs. If I was Apple, I'd do the same thing. Why blow your load the first time out? Like most rational people here, vote with your wallet. I'm waiting for the retina.

24. macrumors member

Sorry but due to restrictions of current CPUs it is not possible. Blame Moore's law not apple. The jump from 3-4 was short because the A5X couldn't really handle the retina display.

fast
    small
    cheap
    efficient
    you can only have two of these when picking a cpu

there are several problems including: over heating, slow down/ dealys, short battery life, over size, over priced.
    all of these are issues of fitting a retina display into a 7.9 inch frame. Next year's cpu will provide enough power for a retina display without these problems.

25. macrumors 6502

LMAO.....All of those geniuses twisting peoples arms and holding guns to their customer's heads to make them buy their products. Yep, really screwing people over. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.