Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

After releasing iOS version 6.0.2 to fix issues with Wi-Fi on the iPhone 5 and the iPad mini, Apple today seeded build 12D43 of OS X 10.8.3 Mountain Lion to developers.
mountainlionbetaupdate.jpg
Though the update comes with no known issues or new features, Apple has asked developers to focus on AirPlay, AirPort, Game Center, Graphics Drivers, and Safari in their testing.

This is the third beta release since the first 10.8.3 beta was seeded back in November. Registered developers can download it via the Apple Developer Page.

Update: 9to5Mac reports that Apple has now released build 12D44 to developers, some two days after 12D43 was released. This release still reports no known issues, though it's possible the quick update is a fix for some unmentioned bug.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Build 12D43 of OS X Beta 10.8.3 to Developers [Updated]

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
Registered developers can download it via the Apple Developer Page.

It actually downloads from the MAS. But the installer deletes itself after installing.

So you have to go to Library/Updates and find the file OSXUpd10.8.3Seed.pkg and copy it somewhere if you want to keep it before completing the installation.

The dmgs might go up to the mac dev center soon though so check back later if you want these.

Last edited:

lcmazza

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2012
Coming back from sleep is still terrible on rMBP... USB becomes sluggish, external keyboard doesn't wake up the system...

Graphics switching is still pretty bad. :(

thatsfinebut

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2010
Chicago
Coming back from sleep is still terrible on rMBP... USB becomes sluggish, external keyboard doesn't wake up the system...

I bought my rMBP before 10.8 was released and did an upgrade from 10.7 to 10.8. Last night, I did a clean install of 10.8. So far, after lifting the screen, it's still taking 5-10 seconds before I can enter my login password.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007

I have a bad feeling that we have to wait for 10.9 to get the optimizations, just like 10.8 was a major improvement over 10.7 but not enough.

We're just going to get small bug fixes in 10.8.x updates.

NZPilgrim

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2011
New Zealand
I bought my rMBP before 10.8 was released and did an upgrade from 10.7 to 10.8. Last night, I did a clean install of 10.8. So far, after lifting the screen, it's still taking 5-10 seconds before I can enter my login password.

Apparently this is because it gets put into hibernate mode (deep sleep I think they call it). Take a look at the post below if you want to disable it and make your retina act like previous MacBook Pro models when closing/opening the lid. Just be aware that by disabling it you'll reduce the stand-by time of your battery from the 30 odd days Apple say to probably a week.

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/60634/disable-stand-by-mode-on-retina-macbook-pro

RoelJuun

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2010
Netherlands
Disappearing mouse cursor after switching from fullscreen app to other app. And fix the Messages app for *%#¥ sake (server side probably).

Last edited:

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2008
There's Launchpad bug on mines, sometimes when you open Launchpad you cannot open folders.. Hopefully that fixes it.

I know It's still early, but I can't wait till the next release of OSX.. We are about 6 months in since 10.8.

Eithanius

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2005
You know, with that small build number, how could Apple have reported no known issues when countless people are still being bugged every other day... I just don't get it... :mad::mad:

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
You know, with that small build number, how could Apple have reported no known issues when countless people are still being bugged every other day... I just don't get it... :mad::mad:

It has nothing to do with what people are having issues with but rather what is blocking the seed from progressing to the next level.

What they meant is that there are no known critical issues or showstoppers that developers who are testing this for Apple to experience. In other words, there are nothing in the seed that prevents it from being released as a regular update.

ryanlindner

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2012
External Monitor

Any one think this will fix the external monitor issue. My Dell monitor looks bad on my macbook R. But looks great on my PC???

lowlymarine

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2010
Orlando, FL
My 2012 MBP takes a full minute to shut down. Inexcusable.

Same deal here. My 2011 MBP with a homebrew "Fusion Drive" setup takes about three to four times longer to shut down than to start up. It's absurd.

I'm really hoping that the release notes asking specifically for testing related to "graphics drivers" is good news too. The state of OpenGL on OS X is really quite dreadful - still stuck on 3.x and it's usually dog-slow compared to Windows/Linux on the same hardware.

The Bulge

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
Up your ass.
What i really liked about OS X before Lion and Mountain Lion that shutdown was very much instant (at least for me).

Now it seems all kinds of crappy services have taken the stage and all the Snow Leopard optimisation has taken the backstage.

frank-be

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2009
Belgium
Siemens NX on MacOS

I really hope that Apple fixes the graphics issues I'm having on my MacBook Pro when I try to use NX (3D CAD).
As I understood from Siemens's help desk it's only affecting some MacBook Pro's and the fix should finally come with 10.8.3 ...

Ever since I started upgrading from 10.6 I got graphic issues that prevented me using NX on my MBP. That's inexcusable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.