Apple Seeds Build 12D50 of OS X Beta 10.8.3 to Developers

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 8, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today seeded build 12D50 of OS X 10.8.3 Mountain Lion to developers, the fifth beta release reports 9to5Mac. The first 10.8.3 beta was seeded back in November, and the third and fourth releases were released in December.

[​IMG]
    Though the update comes with no known issues or new features, as before Apple has asked developers to focus on AirPlay, AirPort, Game Center, Graphics Drivers, and Safari in their testing. Registered developers can download it via the Apple Developer Page.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Build 12D50 of OS X Beta 10.8.3 to Developers

2. macrumors 6502

Though the update comes with no known issues or new features, as before Apple has asked developers to focus on AirPlay, AirPort, Game Center, Graphics Drivers, and Safari in their testing. Registered developers can download it via the Apple Developer Page.

GRAPHICS DRIVERS!!!!!!!!!!

3. macrumors 6502

I don't get why you re wrote this cause its already there in the article above

4. sshhoott, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013

macrumors 6502

sshhoott

Here's what needs to be fixed:
    Issues related with Graphic drivers: Choppy Animations, Memory Leaks when apps use GPU/hardware acceleration, Kernal Panics.

Other problems: CRAZY Shutdown times, poor battery life.

Here's what should be added: GPU accelerated scrolling in Mail, Preview (similar to Safari), option to do a three dinger swipe in all apps when it's enabled in Trackpad settings.

Edit: I have a MBP 13" mid 2010. But I've also seen most of these problems on RetinaMBPs

5. macrumors member

rudychidiac

They wrote "GRAPHIC DRIVEEEEERRRRRS" as well...

6. macrumors P6

Peace

Do you have a retina MBP by any chance ?

7. macrumors 6502

Oh didn't see that. My bad :rolleyes:

8. macrumors member

I agree with the slow shutdown times. I had a 2007 iMac with Mountain Lion. I put Snow Leopard back on it to sell it.

Mountain Lion: 30-35 seconds to shutdown
    Snow Leopard: 5 seconds to shutdown

Even with my newer 2011 iMac, shutdown times are around 30 seconds. It doesn't bother me. I just find it strange. :D

9. macrumors 6502

Fix the weird rendering issues in Safari 6 and fix the keychain issues with Messages (still unable to use the app).

10. macrumors P6

Peace

Well see now. Macs aren't used to being shut down or rebooted. That's a Windows thing.

:D

11. macrumors 68040

KdParker

I would bother me....that is too slow.

12. macrumors member

I guess it doesn't bother me too much for two reasons.

1. I've resorted to barely ever shutting it down and just sleeping it.
    2. The crap-tastic PC's I work with every day at my job take 2-3 minutes to shut down and 5-10 minutes to start up. I guess it's pretty awesome by comparison! LOL!

13. macrumors 604

bushido

same ... at first i thought its the custom ssd in my old mbp on ML but now i got my brandnew rmbp and the same thing is happening

14. macrumors G4

daneoni

apple.com/feedback

15. macrumors regular

Here's what needs to be fixed:

1. Apple's laziness to launch an OS with so many glitches in their OWN unique hardware.

2. Stop adding BS social features and focus on quality.

3. If Apple wants to add new features, then start copying Windows 8 GREAT file copying and management. That is what desktop OSes do, anyway. This is not an iPad.

16. bedifferent, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013

macrumors 603

bedifferent

You can thank Craig Federighi for this as he took over as Senior Vice President of Software Engineering after Bertrand Serlet left in 2011. Serlet moved to Apple with Jobs from NeXT and was Senior VP in S.E., and was mainly responsible for Tiger, Leopard and Snow Leopard. Criag Federighi is a hack, responsible for allowing Forstall to incorporate iOS **** into OS X while dropping the ball on improved graphics drivers and OpenGL Core support, a revised HFS+ Finder system, lack of full multiple display support, "Mission Control", horrible memory management, and pushing for an annual release cycle. The odds are, it won't change.

EDIT Read post #85, as some have called my information into question I have added links and facts to support that Craig Federighi was head of OS X development two years prior to Serlet's March 2011 announcement for departure. Craig Federighi has been head of OS X development since his return to Apple in 2009.

17. macrumors 65816

Risco

Is shutdown speed fixed, or still buggered?

18. macrumors P6

Peace

I decided to test this on a 2012 cMBP. SSD

After closing all apps I shut it down. The timer started when I clicked on the pop up menu to shut down.

Attached Files:

19. macrumors 68030

cmChimera

That seems to be pretty reasonable.

I don't want to see Apple copy anything from Windows 8. And I like some of the social features as well.

20. macrumors 65816

Risco

That sounds good, this is with the 12D50 build? If so has it improved for you on previous builds as I don't have an SSD.

21. macrumors P6

Peace

Honestly I couldn't say with all certainty that it's faster since I rarely shut down my Mac. But it did seem to be a bit faster.

I normally don't pay attention to that type of thing.

22. macrumors regular

tooshaggy

Wow!!!! Safari is ......... safari! You thought I was going to say it's faster, didn't you!:eek:

23. macrumors 65816

Gemütlichkeit

Apple's OSX team really needs to focus on refining the OS instead of releasing new features every year.

24. macrumors 68040

That's what snow leopard was for. Even still lion and mountain lion didn't really get any compelling features. Just social crap and dumbing down of a lot of stuff to make it more like ios (Quicktime being a prime example - they remove most of its preferences for no reason at all)

25. macrumors member

How about fixing that AESendMessage() bug...