Apple Seeds Build 12D58 of OS X Beta 10.8.3 to Developers

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 24, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Apple today seeded build 12D58 of OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3 to developers, marking the seventh beta iteration of the newest version of Mountain Lion. 10.8.3 was first seeded to developers in November.

Build 12D58 comes a week after build 12D54, and like the previous build, contains no known issues or features. Build 12D54 brought significant changes to WiFi, and asked developers to focus on testing AirPlay, AirPort, Game Center, Graphics Drivers, and Safari.

9to5Mac notes that the new build again contains significant changes to WiFi, but additional changes are unknown. Registered developers can download the update on Apple's Developer Page.

This post originally referred to Build 12D58 as the eighth developer seed of OS X 10.8.3 when it was actually the seventh seed.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Build 12D58 of OS X Beta 10.8.3 to Developers

2. macrumors 68000

ghostface147

Well that answers my previous thought of it being released today along side iOS 6.1. iOS 6.1 needs to come out soon because beta 4 expires Tuesday.

3. macrumors 65816

Risco

I don't get all these beta's? Are Apple actually listening and at least TRYING to fix the damn slow shutdown bug and options having to be launched twice from settings such as desktop background?

4. macrumors 6502a

JS82712

except 6.1 seed wont be out today.

5. macrumors 68040

The slow shutdown is not really a "bug". It's an inconvenience for some people who have it. Apple has a lot more serious issues to fix during these beta tests. Something like a slow shutdown would be on the bottom of their list.

6. macrumors 68030

cmChimera

7. tywebb13, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013

macrumors 65816

The installer includes a feature list:

The 10.8.3 update is recommended for all OS X Mountain Lion users and includes features and fixes that improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including the following:
    • The ability to redeem iTunes gift cards in the Mac App Store using your Mac's built-in camera
    • Boot Camp support for installing Windows 8
    • Boot Camp support for Macs with a 3TB hard drive
    • A fix for an issue that may cause Logic Pro to become unresponsive when using certain plug-ins
    • A fix for an issue that may cause audio to stutter on 2011 iMacs
    • Includes Safari 6.0.3

8. macrumors 65816

Mike MA

Agreed, but a a simple and easy to fix bug like this not being fixed for a quarter of a year is starting to produce a painful impression.

Mac sales going down should be a warning - do your homework Apple!

9. macrumors 68030

cmChimera

Awesome. Good to know. Should be out on early next week then.

10. macrumors G4

daneoni

Mac sales going down is due to a general decline in PC sales. Thanks to the post-PC era. Not because of some random, minor, bug in an OS.

11. macrumors 6502a

Will this fix the graphic glitches in Safari? Causing CSS transitions etc to stutter? I hope so as its god damn frustrating!!

12. macrumors newbie

Anybody knows whether Apple felt like addressing the rMBP lag-issue this time?!

Don't forget: In soviet Russia lag fixes you!

13. macrumors 6502

I was under the impression this version of the OS will be updating the nvidia drivers.

14. zin
    macrumors 6502

I hope the change log is larger come release.

15. macrumors member

I am always a surprised to see people complaining about slow shutdown (and I assume reboots). I guess I just don't shutdown/reboot as often as some folks; must be a Windows convert thing as I am pretty sure older Mac (and other *nix) don't shutdown OR reboot just for fun or often enough to care how long it takes.

It wasn't that long ago that I remember people complaining that rebooting to upgrade Safari or other system updates was literally like the end of the world because some folks had so much stuff open for their workflows they could not handle having to launch them all manually... Now OSX offers you the choice to have it do that for you as well.

16. macrumors newbie

Hopefully Apple are going to release this Build before they are DOOMED :eek:

17. macrumors 68040

Why do you assume it's an easy fix? Maybe it isn't.

18. macrumors member

Praise the maker, they posted the full Combo dmg instead of that lame Software Update mechanism.

19. macrumors 6502a

Baklava

20. macrumors 65816

Risco

I close my macbook lid when I go out, go to sleep.....It worked fine before 10.8.2, so they broke something!

21. macrumors member

Is the new 6.0.3 safari as fluid as the nightly builds of webkit on facebook using rMBP?

22. macrumors member

The slow shudown/reboot thing is only painfully noticeable on SSD and Retina machines, as well as (I'd imagine) the Air.

23. macrumors member

I guess I am missing something, closing your MB lid is not shutting down (or rebooting). What exactly is happening now when you close your MB that did not happen before? :confused:

----------

I do have MBAs but no rMBP or SSD MBPs. How long is it taking to shut down now vs before?

24. 25ghosts, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013

macrumors member

10.8.2 was a horrific update for rMBP. But in general for all other macs too.
    Since install sandboxd console message has gone totally ballistic and that is where the problem is. Sandboxing. I personally think apple should have waited at least until 10.10 to release that feature. It is so far from mature that one cant even call it a baby. Fetus is about as mature as sandboxing is.

All major pro audio/video apps like AVID Protools and Apples own FCPx began to seriously degrade post 10.8.2 and they know it because reports have been pouring in.

Aside from this issue there are the general Network issues and WIFI killed when using bluetooth on rMBPs. Both making Apple appear as had they lost control of their own os.

I guess this is why it takes Apple so many betas this time. Getting it right.
    I think that is good. But I am a H````of lot more reluctant to installing Apple updates than I was a few years back when I did it blindly. Since Greg F. took over OS X it has become something that could set off another Chernobyl if used in the wrong context.

25. macrumors 65816