Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released the first beta of an upcoming iOS 9.3.3 update for public beta testers, one day after seeding the first iOS 9.3.3 beta to developers. iOS 9.3.3 comes one week after the release of iOS 9.3.2, an update focusing primarily on bug fixes.

Beta testers who have signed up for Apple's beta testing program will receive the iOS 9.3.3 update over-the-air after installing the proper certificate on their iOS device.

Those who want to be a part of Apple's beta testing program can sign up to participate through the beta testing website, which gives users access to both iOS and OS X betas.

appleios93.jpg

As another minor 9.x.x update, iOS 9.3.3 appears to include mainly under-the-hood bug fixes and performance improvements to address issues that have been discovered since the release of iOS 9.3.2. iOS 9.3.3 is not yet available for the 9.7-inch iPad Pro due to an iOS 9.3.2 issue that has caused some 9.7-inch iPad Pro devices to be bricked.

No outward-facing changes or immediately apparent bug fixes were discovered in the first developer beta of iOS 9.3.3.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First iOS 9.3.3 Beta to Public Beta Testers

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Uh oh...
But 9.3.4 will fix the problems introduced by 9.3.3 and 9.3.5 will fix the problems introduced by 9.3.4 etc etc etc.....
There's probably something there (or at least will be there) for the iPad Pro fix (unless they re-issue an updated iOS 9.3.2) build, but it doesn't mean that for the most part it's there to fix things that were introduced in the last update as much as just more fixes for things that were around even before that.

ksnell

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
Can y'all be sure to test it really well on the iPhone 6S for me k thx ;)

cnick6

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
Bellevue, WA
Did anyone else get the OTA update w/o having the certificate installed? I deleted my certificate (and yes I rebooted) after 9.3.2 was officially dropped and late last night, settings showed an available update. For grins, I went ahead and installed [9.3.3 Beta 1] thinking it may crap out during the verification stage but it installed just fine. My phone's UDID is listed as a test device so perhaps Apple is now pushing the updates to all UDID-registered devices..?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.